Chapter 16: Lost and Saved

Hours later....

Sparkle's family had me dying laughing the entire night with family stories, classic arguments, and just love. I definitely gained my weight in sweet potato pie before burning it off, helping the ladies of the family clean up. Sparks, Ty, and I were busting suds while the guys were helping Mr. Spencer learn how to Milly Rock. He never got the hang of it, but it was hilarious watching him try. My mood brightened more because Momma Em was right; my Dad would want me happy and enjoying some of the best years of my life. While cleaning up, the girls and I were talking about maybe going to get pierced and tattooed soon. And I knew exactly what I would get.

We finished cleaning, just as all the families, friends, and ourselves began to trickle out of Mrs. Hampton's home. Momma Em hugged me right before giving me her number if I ever needed someone to talk to or wanted to come over. I love this lady already and loved her for having Sparkle.

The crew began to walk to our cars, say our see you laters to depart our separate ways. Breslin said he would follow me to make sure I got home and I invited him to stay over if he wanted to. I still didn't want to be alone yet. Of course, with a big grin, he agreed.

We both arrived and entered my complex before entering my studio. I got some sleeping shorts and a tee before going to the bathroom and changing. I also washed my face and brushed my teeth as I heard Breslin moving around outside. I finished in the bathroom, opened the door and saw Breslin putting on his basketball shorts. Breslin was born blessed because he ate like a glutton, but worked out hard for it. His muscles were super cut, from his back to his abs to his arms. "Did you have a good time tonight babe?" His golden eyes looking at me sincerely.

I jumped in my bed and replied, "Yea, I feel obese and Spark's family is super funny." I turned on my TV and saw one of my favorite movies was on Netflix, A Walk To Remember. I used to think Shane West was the finest thing living, Breslin put him to shame.

He was down on the floor doing his push-ups. "I like you thick. And yea, they are some crazy characters." The questions going around in my head were causing me slight unease because I felt like Breslin was a mystery again. I just had to ask.

"Breslin, how exactly do you know the Hamptons?"

His body stilled slightly but he just answered, "They know my family". He was being very vague.

"Well, obviously. Bres, how come you don't talk about your real past like that? You never want to talk about life before you were adopted".

He got up off the floor before walking to my kitchen and getting a Gatorade. He was eerily silent, and it was very unlike him. He washed his hands before hopping in my bed. "Kenz, my life started in 2006, not 1998".  He downed his Gatorade before getting under my covers wrapping his legs with mine which I quickly unwrap.

"How is it you want someone to be there for you and talk about your shit if you don't want to share?" Bres gave me a "You're one to talk" look, which now I understand what he meant with me being difficult to open up.

"Because I talk to you about the shit I'm currently going through, not my past. That shit don't matter now". He said with a cold tone I've never heard before.

"Well it matters to me". Where did that come from? I knew I was becoming more bolder with Breslin because my feelings for him were becoming stronger. I was doing things like sharing about my troubled past, sharing my body, and being "defiant" as my Mother called it.

Breslin and I sat still for a while until he started fidgeting with his fingers and began speaking. "Kenz, you don't know..." He paused. "..you don't know how much you matter to me." He grabbed my hand before asking me did I have some liquor around.