Chapter 17: Start of Forever

The next morning, I woke up around seven-thirty and Breslin was already gone as per usual. That boy wakes up at 6 am faithfully and I know he had some errands and obligations to tend to. I smiled to myself just thinking about the past couple of weeks with Breslin. He makes feel so alive and happy. I don't think I've laughed or smiled this much in life. I'm so excited for tonight. As always, I rolled over and checked my phone.

People were heavily in my Snap messages talking about the picture I took of Breslin yesterday at Sparkle's Grandma house. Some were from girl and guy haters which I blocked, some from heartbroken guys I didn't realize had a crush on me, and saw that Breslin screenshotted the picture.

I then went on to my Instagram feed and liked a couple of pictures of classmates and also a couple of celebrities I follow. I saw a lot of people who watched my YouTube videos were commenting on my pictures. I'm going upload a video tomorrow, because people were asking and I had to keep the morale going. I also saw Queen Bey was in town for the Formation Tour and I was jealous because I couldn't get me and the girls tickets. I also went to my Explore page and scrolled down a bit before I was stunned at what I saw.

Yamonie and Xavier.....were in the same group picture together. Wow. I can't believe it. I told her everything, and she's kicking it with him?! I was dumbfounded, but I wasn't even worried about it, because I had Breslin and a lot of other things working in my favor. God will do it, won't He? Speaking of which, I really need to find a church out here.

I hop in the shower, still my mind racing about the situation, before I got dressed for work. I did all my stuff in the bathroom before grabbing a banana and a GoGurt from the kitchen. I grabbed my phone, and as if he was telepathic, I got a text from my Breslin.

Bres 😘👂🏽: Morning beautiful, hope you have a great day at work, can't wait to see you later, at 5 Mackenzie ! Set an alarm with yo slow ass lol 😘

I laughed because I usually took forever to get ready and he always was making me laugh. Something that was foreign or usually faked to me was now becoming genuine. I locked up and headed to campus to open up the store at 9 am. I was eating and driving before I pulled up to the employee lot and saw there was already a line of students and faculty waiting. But I scheduled Bambi to open with me, so hopefully it will be a fun shift. She was already waiting for me with some Starbucks as well, "Here boo, grande coffee with a pump of caramel and one Splenda. We going need it".

I smiled at Bambi before we opened the store and got to work. Even though work was busy, time flew and it was already 12, my lunch break. I got a bowl from the Panda Express on campus before going to the break room to eat. I was on my phone before I got a call from my Mom. Oh great. I reluctantly answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Zie-Zie!" I hate that name. "How was your Thanksgiving?" Best one in 18 years.

"It was good. I just hung out with some friends." I'm suddenly not even hungry for the orange chicken I was craving.

"Yes, yes, your friends. You never tell me about them. Are they nice folks?" That basically meant are they rich. I wanted my Mom to know the bare minimum about the crew. Also, I never spoke about Breslin or if I was dating. I was mainly telling her I was focused on school.

I didn't want to answer her exactly so I deferred the question,"Yea, is there something you need Mom? I kind of have to get back to work". I still had 20 minutes left on my break.

"Yes, actually? What is this Mackin n Hangin thing on YouTube? Your cousin showed me. Is this a project for class or something?" Which cousin is just working for the Feds and on my ass? Fuck!

I could just lie, but I decided to stop letting her try and take away something that was making me happy. "No it's my channel and? It's my personal project. I like doing it." I said this with a firm tone and of course, my Mom returned it.