Chapter 7: Uber Everywhere

"Like a thief in the night, I do anything for some pussy...." Young Thug's "Thief in the Night" blared through the Yukon XL speakers as we rolled to the venue in DTLA that the Kappas rented for tonight's event. The combination of weed and alcohol were taking effect on me as I quietly bounced in my seat along with the music. The Harrises, aka Domo and Sparkle, went in the front, cuddling, sneaking kisses and snapping pictures. Ty and I were in the middle, and Breslin and Ant sat in the far back talking kind of obnoxiously loud.  Ant was as he said, "getting a little bent".

"Are we there yet? Ready to break out my 2016 Running Man. Y'all ain't ready", Ant said as he was already attempting to do the popular dance craze from his seat. I look back and start cracking up laughing. It's never a dull moment with this one around. Also, when I looked back, I saw Bres out the corner of my eye, chilling, slightly faded looking down at his phone. He's so cute. I turn back to my front where I find Ty giving me a look of satisfaction. She mouths the words, "Stop staring" to me and I can't help but laugh. I need to get a grip over myself.

Our Uber driver finally reached our destination around 9:45pm and we all hopped out to a two-story warehouse that looked abandoned on the inside, but the line outside said otherwise. "Jesus, this line is huge. Should we start getting in line?", I immediately regretted asking the question once I was met with frowns and looks of amusement from everyone.

"Lines? Girl, I thought you knew by now. Do you know who I am?", Sparkle said with a look of "watch this" on her face. We went immediately went to the VIP line, which only had about 10 people in it, compared to the 1,000 in the general admission line. Sparkle said her name +5 and we were let through like we were UCLA royalty. The bouncer turned from hard rock to a soft teddy bear, gave her a hug, and said he'd see her in church on Sunday. The perks of knowing Sparks.

The squad rolled through the quiet foyer, went through ID checks and we received VIP wristbands. Once the double doors opened, I already felt like I did not belong again. The cool outside was the complete opposite of the main floor of the warehouse which was full of bodies and sweat. It had to be at least 90 degrees in here. There were so many girls in tight, provocative clothing all around with the bodies and faces to back it up. And where there are females, there are thirst mongers close around to follow. I felt a lot of eyes on me from both males and females, and I was not sure if I liked this attention. Time to go home.

Just as if my thoughts were read, Ty and Sparkle dragged me to our VIP table on the second floor overseeing the venue; it was already prepared with bottle service. More Hennessy and Don Juilo. How Sway? We're only 18-19. But I won't ask questions. "Man, this party is LIT!", Domo said enthusiastically as he poured himself up a cup.  "Boy, if I wasn't married, I'd be out there trying to find Naomi."

"Naomi?", Breslin said as he sat next to me in the booth. "Yea bro, girls find Nemo in the sea, and I found my Naomi already, Sparkle." "Someone say my name?", Sparkle said as she returned to her favorite seat, Domo's lap, after checking on how the party was going and the DJ. DJ Mustard was apparently her cousin and he was mixing up some genius. Girls and dudes were rotating, freaking, and damn near fucking on the dance floor while the fraternities and sororities strolled around. Ok I can do this, I think.

"Yo Sparks, you did your thing girl. You need to introduce me to some of these Kappa cuties." Ty said while readjusting her romper. Ant seemed frustrated with Ty's constant rejection and stated he would come back in a few after checking in with some friends from the basketball team. Domo and Breslin followed with.

"Awww, girl, you know that boy likes you, why you do him like that?" I asked Ty as a waitress made us margaritas. "Because Ant is the type of boy who's used to getting his way, I just want to see how far he's willing to go. But between y'all, I do have kind of a crush on him." She gave the biggest Cheshire cat grin.