26. Partners in Hell

Haven

"Haven! You're here!" Cade came running up to me but the goon that escorted me in quickly restrained him. I started to lunge for the guard but was quickly pulled back by my hair. I didn't even see Vega move from behind the desk he was seated at. I could feel the barrel of his gun pressed hard into my back. "Not so fast my wife."

"Let him go. He's no concern to you. You have what you want." "Ah, but I only have half of what I want. The other half wants to watch you suffer just like I did when you left me. All these years. Poor Sasha, she screamed for you to come back sooo many times. Screamed for you To save her...." He whispered in my ear as he pulled me tighter against him. "Besides," he said louder, "my son is not going anywhere. Sergio take Cade to his room. Cade kiss your Auntie goodnight. It's late."  The fear and hesitation was clear on Cade's face. It about killed me and I did the only thing I could think to do, I reassured him. Praying that Vega would have some sympathy knowing that Cade was his child. "It's ok love. I'll see you in the morning. Get some sleep." "Will Hazard get us in the morning?" I tensed and struggled to breathe as Vega ripped the gun from my back and pressed the barrel into Cade's head. "The next time ANYONE says that bastards name, they will stop breathing! Is that understood?" Cade nodded staring at me with blank eyes. Quickly Sergio took Cade by the arm and exited the room. And I was alone with Vega.

His smile grew sinister. "Ah. Finally alone. I was going to wait you know, until we were married. Mama insisted it be that way. However, since my absence has turned you into a whore I see no reason to wait."  I knew he'd kill me for it, but Id already prepared myself to die. The only thing I could really do now is to taunt him to speed it up. "You can't want to marry me now, knowing when I close my eyes it won't be your face I'm thinking of, it'll be his."

And the pain begins.

Hazard
Seventeen days of fucking hell. The past two weeks had been torture as I waited for every MC brotherhood willing to involve themselves to arrive. Fortunately there were a few other organizations who were willing to take action against the Cartel. Although I'm sure it was only to move in on their territory but at this point I was fucking desperate. They could sell their shit wherever once I had Haven and Cade back.

I sat in my office staring at the wall. Punchy was posted outside, where he stayed these days. Havens kidnapping had taken its toll on him. Melody was the only one who calmed him down although he had taken some sort of protective stance over me. There were four MC organizations, the Italians and the Germans all gathered. Tensions were high but the objective was the same for the moment at least. The door burst open and Dante and Tech stood there with grinning faces. "We found them. Complex in Merdian."  My heart sank. I fought the urge to rush out the door. "Call everyone for church."

Fuck. I'm coming Haven and I hope to God you're staying strong.