Chapter 23

Soundwave's secret (Transformers)

Chapter 23.

The slim figure of a grey seeker made its entrance to the lab, where the one opticed scientist was as usual standing, taken by his project. Starscream crossed his servos behind his back, wings raised high.

"Ah, Shockwave," he started, pretending to be interested in whatever the 'Con was doing,"Warking so soon?"

The huge mech stopped typing, not revealing if he was bothered by the presence of the SIC or not,"Starcream."

"New projects as I see..."

"Not exactly, the older ones. Lord Megatron's order." Shockwave kept his gaze on the seeker, as Starscream started slowly walking around, with fake but perfectly played interest looking at different tools and mechanisms.

"Our leader doesn't like to wait, does he? I hope you feel better after the repairs... You did face the attack of those traitors..." he asked, long sharp digit slipping of some dust from a small engine on the table.

"Those traitors chose their fates. Sooner or later they will be eliminated." the words were said automaticly, being the only truth in which any Decepticon had to believe... But a smirk crossed Starscream's feature,"But Thrust and Tarn failed..."

However, then he momentary straightened as nothing had been said,"Anyway, that Lazerbeak would be enough to reveal the rest of the gang again."

"That would be highly illogical." Shockwave stated turning back to his work.

"Ah, my dear comrade, you know nothing about spark-bonding... Well, must admite, I also had never believe in Soundwave's connection with the symbiots being something more than just a tactical advantage. But now, when our Chief Communication Officer appeared to be a femme..."

And then he paused, optics impaling the scientist's back, while his voice stayed same, revealing no suspicion,"Oh, as for new things... Why had not you informed me of your discoveries, may I ask?"

Shockwave turned his helm at the flyer,"The fake recordings?"

"Exactly. Not that I don't trust you, Shockwave, but should I remind you that I organized you the entrance to her office."

"And I never announced that fact to Lord Megatron."Shockwave straightened,"Your mistrust is illogical, Starscream."

"Indeed...Forgive my curiosity, but then again, when it comes to recording..."

"I am not the one to announce predictions, especially while having no proof, Starcream. Why should I have reported something I am not sure about. In fact, by not telling you I took the responsibility on myself. Had I be wrong, consequences would not have been pleasing."

"Indeed, accusing Chief Communication Officer of treason is a risky thing... In this case, I hope you'll forgive my suspicion, Shockwave, old habits die slow, you know..."

'And mine especially...'

The thought raced through Starscream's mind,"Nice to hear that we are still on the same side but next time do not worry to inform me of that kind of discoveries, I think them I will be able to survive."

Shockwave looked directly in his optics.

"Noted."

And suddenly both of them heard their comm-links on,

-Shockwave, you are coming with me. Prime decided to organize us a meeting. Let us see if it has to do something with our mysterious traitress.-

"On the way, my liege."