Oh Sehun's past

I know nothing much about my past with the exception of the tragedy that had occurred to me 10 years ago. A horrendous tragedy that not only took the lives of my parents, my precious childhood and most importantly, my ability to feel. I remembered being in darkness and the sound of glasses being shattered rung in my mind like a resounding gong and the image of my mother's last smile at me that I would could never forget till the end of my life. Dead and gone were the only words that I can use right now to describe my parents. Never did I expect to overhear the news about my parents' death from my own nanny, Ji Eun who has been a second mother to me. I overheard her conversation with a man in white outside my ward, clearly not realizing that their conversation had woken me up. As I groggily got up, making my way to the door while balancing myself with the help of the IV stand,

"what am I going to do now? How will our Sehun-nie live? How could God make him an orphan at a very young age?" Ji Eun sobbed, I realized that she was actually talking to Dr Gu, the doctor who often fed me bitter medicine when I was sick since young.

"You must be strong Ji Eun-ah, not only for your sake, but also for Sehun's! How will Mr and Mrs Oh feel if you were to continue crying and mourning for their death instead of caring for Sehun? Right now, he'll need you the most, he needs parental love!" Dr Gu patted her shoulder, comforting her,

"I know where my responsibility lies, I know that Sehun will need me to care for him but I can't bear to see Sehun in this state, that poor child!" Ji Eun continued to cry her eyes out.

"We mustn't loose hope, I know and can feel that if Mr and Mrs Oh were standing here alive right now, they'll be telling you the exact same thing! Don't waste your time crying and mourning for them because the future still needs you and I'm sure they would want Sehun to be a successful person in the future!" Dr Gu said. Was it true then? That my parents would be happy if I were to stay strong and shed no more tears for them? If this were the wishes of my late parents, than I must obey them and make sure that I would be a successful person in the future to make them proud as how Dr Gu had mentioned earlier and from that minute onward, that became a turning point in my life. My once happy, cheerful and warmhearted side now no longer exist. I became very cold, practical and a perfectionist in order to achieve my dream. I wanted my parents to be happy watching me from above even though I can never see them again. I began to forget how to smile. I began to forget how warm a love can be. I could no longer feel any care, love and warmth that it went to the extent that I could no longer feel any feelings anymore. Despite all that, Ji Eun was my only family that I could ever pour my heart out to at that time. The moment I got better and was able to walk once more, Ji Eun brought me back to the Oh Manor, I immediately became the master of the Oh Manor, the man of the house and I was also ascended to the CEO position in the Oh Jewelry Empire just at the age of eight. I knew at once that being the CEO to the Oh Jewelry Empire at a very young age, many predators were out there that were all out to get me when they learned the news of my deceased parents. For the next three years, I was in a dark tunnel with no end. I was faced with many crisis, mostly were cases of my father's friends trying to snatch Oh Jewelry Empire away from me and would spread unpleasant scuttlebutt to tarnish my name in order to achieve their dreams. Things became a whole lot better and I eventually saw the light to the darkness of my tunnel when I stood firm and had claimed all the riches in the world. Everyone starting fearing me, worshiping me and I loved it. That way, I would be able to continue the legacy my father had left for me and for this, no one will dare to bully or step on me again. I managed to expand Oh Jewelry Empire out of Korea and to give credits where credit is due, it is now renowned for having franchises all over the world. Many businessmen were willing to pay a handsome sum to me in order to be my business partner and I immediately gain popularity and sooner than expected, many beautiful young women began flocking themselves to me like butterflies. I knew that they were trying to garner my attention not out of love and pity, but the sole reason was to enjoy my wealth and status. I managed to earn myself a status in society and within my 18th birthday, I had become one of the youngest billionaire in the world. I have succeeded in becoming a successful person as how my late parents would have hoped for me to become and as for my father, he would have been proud of me, seeing that his company that he had build up with his own blood, sweat and tears were now renowned all over the world said Ji Eun to me one day.

"I wish your parents would be here to see your right now, you really make me proud!" Ji Eun couldn't help but shed happy tears for me. If and only if you were here to see me today omma, appa, I can show you how filial I can be and I hope that you'll always be proud of me! Sehun thought, rubbing Ji Eun's back while thinking of his parents.