Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Awwww you're so cute Torsten!" Juno ruffled the fur at the edges of my jaw, her little fingers were so cold, like rounded icicles. I tried to tell her that but all that came out was a strange growl.

She giggled at me, "You can't speak in wolf form, silly."

I mentally sighed. She really took away from the fact that I just shifted into a mythical creature. It was incredible despite her cooing. I turned around to get a better look at my body. Yellow with a white underbelly, a big white tail hung between my legs, paws and insane muscles were also new. I could barely contain my excitement, I felt as if I could run for days. Instead, I wagged my tail and that felt pretty good too. Sylvia walked toward me. Up close I could see that Sylvia looked a lot more tired than the last time I had seen her. Her cheekbones seemed to stand out and with my wolf sense of smell, a faint and stale scent blood lingered over her as if she had been bleeding recently.

"The reason I interfered with your ... newly bitten experience, it because we don't have time for it," Sylvia looked me in the eyes, dead serious, "the vampire situation is getting worse by the day as well as other rogue myths running around, like no doubt the wolf that bit you. It's just too dangerous to have you be clueless and figure it out yourself. I hope that you'll forgive us," I nodded as I had no other way to communicate agreement, "I'm not going to ask you to fight... just merely defend yourself when necessary. Being a myth, evil things are drawn to you, as Juno will tell you."

"You get used to it and you get stronger," she told me, her head leaning on my muscular wolf body.

"Oh yeah, shifting back is just the reverse, or so I've been told," Sylvia told me, which filled me with confidence.

Juno stepped back from me as did Sylvia. And I pictured myself turning back into a human but unlike the werewolves in Twilight I wasn't wearing jean shorts.... I was wearing my clothes.

"Damn this is nowhere near as sexy," I muttered under my breath. Somehow I was actually disappointed.

"What was that?" Juno asked.

"Oh nothing," I told her inspecting my clothes, there were no changes to them, my pants hadn't even turned into jeans.... This sucks. I wanted to be a sexy werewolf but... I was kinda thankful I wasn't naked right. I had seen a lot of werewolf movies where they do shift back into a naked body. I was also kinda glad just to get my human body back the wolf form made me feel a little too powerful.

"Thank god he's not one of those ones," Sylvia muttered to Juno and she giggled. I had the strangest feeling they were thinking exactly what I was ... minus the twilight stuff.

"I'm sorry Torsten, I don't have the power to turn you back to a mortal nor the contacts to find someone with that ability," Sylvia apologised not making eye contact, "you're stuck like this indefinitely."

"Nah, it's ok," I assured her, "I don't mind, it's kind of cool being a werewolf."

She rolled her eyes, "It always sounds good at first with all the cool powers but then you realise other people have similar and even stronger powers but not the same ideals."

Am I supposed to be offended?

"What Sylvia's trying to say is it might seem fun now but.... Later on you'll realise how serious it actually is," Juno told me looking me in the eyes, in a deadly serious tone. It made me swallow, I wasn't used to a serious Juno. She was the one who stroked a huge wolf just a few moments ago. Again the things that drove fear into the heart of Juno made me extra scared.

"I didn't mean it like that. I know it's a serious thing. Just don't feel bad about not being able to turn me back," I said quietly.

"Ok," she said, "just remember come to me if you need help with anything or... If you think you can handle it use your wolf form. It's very powerful more than you would expect."