Chapter 4

Chapter 4

White-faced, I walked into the building.

"Are you ok bro?" Sam asked.

I took a while to process and respond "you know how we think the people who wear spiked collars and green hair are weird?" Sam nodded, "Well I disagree, William has started a cult."

Sam burst into uncontrolled laughter, "You know what, you're fucking right about that."

I smiled, his laughter snapped me out of my malfunction. "The strangest thing just happened, they were all connected like a machine."

"Hmm yeah, I guess they just copy everything he does," Sam was still giggling "I've kind of known it this whole time but no one has put it into words so brilliantly."

"No no, like their moments were in sync."

"Creepy," Sam chuckled then added, "also a new level of sad."

There was a flash of hot pink in the corner of my eye. I felt myself come alive. Curiosity overwhelmed me, I wanted answers from that hot pink and I wanted them now!

I walked away from Sam ignoring his questions and followed it down the hall.

But it turned out to be just some stupid bitch's crop top that was brimming with cleavage. She was going for hot but it was just gross. Tempted to wash out my eyes and scrub my brain I continued on in search of Juno.

After looking around the school in all the places I thought those strange people would loiter I stood there at a loss. Maybe Juno doesn't come to school until later..... I don't even know what class she is in. I really don't know that much about it and I instantly felt bad about that. If I just knew more...

I sighed, disappointed and started to made my way back to my locker.

I looked to the ground but something caught my eye at the end of the hall. A girl with dark purple hair in a punk outfit leant against the wall as she was on her phone. That had to be one of Juno's friends. Her style was alternative but not in the way that matched anyone else at the school, much like those two I met at the party. And Juno of course. I quickly walked towards her, I'm a lot faster now which is actually awesome. She didn't look up completely oblivious of my presence.

"H-hello," I stumbled intimidated by the dragon lip piercing she had. It was glaring at me with its angry beady onyx eyes.

She looked up at me, her irises were completely black and so much larger than a normal person's, just like her little lip friend's. Her gaze quickly became a judgemental one upon seeing my blonde hair. Normally I'd be pissed at that but this girl was terrifying.

"What do you want?" I swear it sounded like a hiss of a snake.

"Do you know Juno?" I asked in a small voice, her eyes told me that was a stupid question, "Do you know where she is?"

She sighed and became a little more relaxed, her focus had fallen on my teeth, "you're that guy Juno was talking about huh?" Juno was talking about me... "Yeah I'll take you to her, I was just about to join the others myself. By the way, I'm Ilona."

She stuck out her hand adorned with nails sharp enough to rip out my beating heart, and an aggressive smile with rows of teeth sharp enough to eat it. Nervously sweating I shook her hand "I'm Torsten."

"Cool," she hissed and started to walk, gesturing with her claws for me to follow. I did as she told me. Many people cast judgemental glares at both of us, mainly girls though. I see they are jealous of Ilona, almost made me want to hold her hand. Almost.

Ilona lead me to a spot under the stairs where all of Juno's group were sitting. All of them so uniquely dressed yet they fit in with each other under the common theme of black. They all looked up at me, a foreigner. My eyes instantly found Juno and she smiled sweetly back at me. "Thank you, Ilona," she sang with her high pitched voice, glided to Ilona and hugged her.