Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Wow you actually made out with her in front of Conner," Sam was obviously holding back laughter as he scolded me. Conner had angrily stormed off and Conley went to go talk to him and Arawn stood awkwardly near us not really saying anything. I might just have broken his heart. I felt nothing.

Ruby had gone back to her friends after that quick kiss.

I shrugged, "It is not really a big deal."

"Dude you didn't hear this from me but you deserve a medal," Sam laughed, giving in.

I smiled to myself, "maybe I do."

We waited for Conley to return with the red-faced Conner who had his arms crossed like a child. So pathetic I almost laughed just at the sight of him. I was the true leader of this group. I've always known that but these powers affirmed that. The only reason Conner was allowed to stay on the soccer team because they struggled for numbers in this small town.

Sam contained his laughter, "Now that we are all here let's go."

He then began to walk towards the huge shopping centre which was right next to the park in the town square. Almost all of the teenagers in the area would go to this place on the weekends, not for any particular reason other than to "hang out". That's why we saw Ruby here, she was probably going to one of those makeup shops or Myer or something.

We walked into the shopping centre and all around us there was noise. My new sensitive werewolf ears didn't enjoy this but I tried to act like it wasn't bothering me. Arawn looked at me, he could sense my discomfort. My eyes caught on his, there was an understanding in his eyes but I avoided his eye contact and continued to walk.

We soon came to our usual table at the food court and all sat down. Usually, we had a lack of things to talk about as we just kind of are lumped together as a friendship group because of the convenience of having friends rather than actually having anything in common with each other. That's why watching movies worked so well for us because we didn't have to talk. Today however we had the burning and most recent topic to talk about but no one addressed it, so we sat in silence. Sam staring off into the distance where a group of girls gathered at a coffee shop, even from such a distance I could smell the sticky sweetness of their drinks. I learnt then and there that there too much chocolate was a thing.

"So camping trip," Conner broke the silence.

Our ears pricked to this. He had gained the group's interest once again and avoided the topic of Ruby perfectly. Bastard.

"My uncle is moving in now. He says in like a month he will be all settled and we can do our camping trip," Conner explained.

Sam smiled, "awesome!"

"Yeah he's found the perfect place for us to camp and everything," Conner leaned back in his chair cooly.

The rest of the group continued to talk about the trip and the farm but my mind was elsewhere. My eyes scanned the shopping centre.

I knew Ruby was around somewhere and it was a matter of time before she found me. Prior to my becoming of a werewolf she took no notice in me, or where our group sat. She probably is regretting her lack of attention to detail now. Although Conner's reaction was completely hilarious I actually had a purpose in coming here. My mother had given me a whole lot of money to go buy new clothes, as my old clothes were a little too small because of the werewolf growth. She had already bought me some new stuff but didn't feel that was enough for me to live in. I stood up after muttering briefly what I needed to do I left the table, I was met with a few grunts of goodbyes.

As I walked ever so leisurely away from the table, trying to ignore the noise of all the teenagers as much as possible, I couldn't help to wanting to accidentally bump into Juno. But it was very unlikely, what would she be doing in such a ..... A normal, place like this? Her uniqueness would stand out. Besides she can see into the future, why would she want to hang around with normal people when she could be off partying with fairies or something? I myself being a werewolf probably shouldn't be so attached to such normal people, in a way I wasn't really. Aside from my mother I didn't really care much for my friends, well Sam was my best friend but he wasn't close enough for me to be able to tell him huge secrets. The only thing was, I didn't know what a werewolf should be doing, the only thing I knew that which I had been doing my whole life or in other words what any other human would be doing with their life. There had to be a greater purpose for a werewolf and I wished that Juno would just take me to Sylvia already.