Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I had my arm around Ruby possessively as she held my phone, filling in her number so I could call her later or whatever. It felt so good, now she was the insignificant one. One of the most sought-out girls giving me her number. Not the other way around, which would have been me desperately begging that she would actually contact me though the reality would be she would throw the number into the bin. But no she was the one desperate for me to contact her. The jealous looks I got made me smirk. I couldn't wait for it to be Conner's jealous look.

As each person walked by passing their own judgement of my capturing of Ruby there was this thought in the back of my mind, I could tear them apart if I wanted. I scared me a little but it also ... made me feel alive.

Sam was the one to finally find me thoughts of ripping people up left my head when I came to look at him. "There you are," he exclaimed then glanced over at Ruby. "Why have you got Ruby?....."

I smiled at his confusion for a second.

"No reason," I let go of her and hit her ass to give her a push so she would leave me, "Go join your friends Ruby."

She smiled back at me with perfect white teeth then sauntered off. Sam gave me a dumbfounded look. I smirked at him "Don't make that face people will think you're stupider than you actually are."

Sam ignored what I said, "Dude that was the girl Conner has been trying to ask out for months!"

"So?"

"You can't just do that, that's such a dick move," he told me.

"Well, he is a dick so it's appropriate."

He snorted, "Just don't get caught ok Torsten?"

"Fine," I lied, I don't give a shit if I get caught. In fact, it would be more fun if I did get caught. And I guess Ruby is kind of hot.... Kind of.

***

"Hey bro," Conner was actually talking to me during class. I looked up from my book with my brows furrowed, how did he find out so soon?

"Yeah?"

"While you were anyway doing what the fuck ever, guess what happened to this dude," Conner had that stupid cocky voice that made me have to actively fight to not roll my eyes.

"What happened?" I scribbled down another answer in my book.

"Well Ruby came up to our group and I winked at her," he nodded while smiling just looking like a dick.

"And?"

"And what? She acknowledged me. Must have been soccer."

I mentally rolled my eyes. He was objectively the worst player on the soccer team and probably the reason why they struggled to win a match. Playing FIFA was his training so what did they expect.

"I could almost feel her tits," he whispered as if I was interested.

But this made me crack a smirk, "Yeah that sounds fascinating Conner. Did she wink back?"

I locked eyes with him. The other boys had started to pay attention too now. I could something fall in his eyes, defeat, "No..."

"Better keep stalking her, that'll work."

He leant in close and whispered, "hey that was one time."

***

"Torsten how is school?" My mother asked as I helped her cook dinner after school.

"Ok I guess.... nothing out of the ordinary," I told her while chopping the vegetables, just finding out I am part wolf, you know the usual. There was so much to say but I remembered back to Sylvia, she wanted me against telling 'mortals'. Saying it is the worst possible thing I could do. I believed her too. Something deep inside me told me to trust her. Maybe it was the wolf inside me maybe it was my subconscious, had they become one now? Either way, I wasn't going to ignore it, and if it meant keeping my mother safe from whatever could be out there. I wasn't going to risk it.