Mixed Emotions

KENSI POV:

My head was spinning and I was feeling light-headed. The bombsquad guy, I think his name was Peter, Opened the door. I lifted my head slowly trying not to cause a lot of pain. I saw Sam and Callen come in the room and start moving around slowly and then I saw Deeks. Deeks saw me and he stopped and his whole body stiffened as he looked at me, shock in his face. He moved closer to me slowly. He stopped when the bomb guy gave him a warning look to stay back. 

"Kensi did you see anyone you knew? Get a good look at anyone? " Callen and sam had finished clearing the room and were now standing with Deeks waiting for Peter to finish.

"Yea," I paused and took a deep breath." Janvier, and all hell's about to break loose."

"So you actually saw him? Did he tell you anything." Sam looked at Callen who dialed Hettys number.

 "Yea he told me about how he's here for revenge and going to do it so it hurts Callen the most by hurting everyone around him." I said weakly I was getting really tired and was exhausted. I lost a lot of blood and was starting to feel worse every second. I knew they were waiting for Peter to defuse this damn bomb to get me out of here and to the hospital. Sam and Callen were over in the corner on the phone with Hetty talking about Janvier when Deeks cleared his throat.  

"Hey Kens, How are you feeling?" Deeks was looking at the ground glancing up every few seconds to look at me. I wonder how hard this must be for him. I mean I know we both know what its like to lose a partner and well, I was almost lost.

"I've been better, i'll be great when I finally get the hell out of here." The bomb tech who moved away from my chair.

"The bomb has been defused it is safe for you to be removed from the chair." Peter got up and walked out the door into the endless hallway. Deeks was by my side almost instantly unlocking my handcuffs and I let out a sigh of relief and slumped forward almost hitting the floor. Sam and Callen motioned for the paramedic to come in. Deeks lifted the top half of my body up and the paramedic grabbed my feet and put me on a gernie. The paramedic rushed me upstairs. As I started to lose to drift off I heard the paramedic trying to keep me awake, but his voice sounded so distant and I fell deeper into the painless dark that surrounded me.

DEEKS POV:

The paramedics were rushing Kensi out of the room on a gernie with Sam, Callen and I close behind.

"We're losing her, pulse fading fast." The paramedics lifted her up and placed her in the back of the ambulance. I wanted to go with her but Callen gave me that look as if saying 'Stay she'll be fine' . I hesitantly stayed back then rushed to my car and drove off to the hospital to go see Kensi leaving Sam and Callen to process the crime scene.

I was driving at least 2x as fast as I should but I didn't car I need to see Kensi. When I had walked into that room and saw Kensi, I froze. Seeing her there covered in blood, bruises and cuts brought back the horrible memories of my torture. I had really hoped she would never go through it, I skidded around a corner swerving at the last minute to avoid hitting a group of teenagers walking across the street. I slowed down a bit but not a lot and continued on my way and pulled into the hospital parking lot. I dashed up the stairs straight inside and stopped only briefly to talk to a nurse and find out what room she was in and make sure that it was OK for me to go see her, even though I would have gone back anyway. I walked as fast as I could straight to the room Kensi is in.

I stopped at the doorway. Kensi was lying in the bed with tube attached to her and white bandages covering what skin was showing. I made my way to the side of her bed quietly. I studied Kensi and couldn't help but think of how lucky I am that i still have my partner and my best friend here to live another day. I sat down slowly and gently placed my hand on hers.