Impact

Kensi POV: 
Deeks was asleep on the couch lying right next to me he was so close i felt a warm sensation growing were his body was touching mine. It felt so right lying here with him I didn't want to move away so I inched closer to him trying to make sure he didn't wake up. When I got closer to him he didn't move away but instead Deeks' head rolled onto my shoulder our heads resting against each other. My brain told me I shouldn't be here doing this he's my partner but my body wouldn't move and a few minutes later my eyes closed and I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Deeks POV:

I woke up and for a second I was completely confused. It was morning and I was lying on someones shoulder. It took me a minute to realize it was Kensi and that she must have fallen asleep here last night. I sat up and looked at the clock that read 6:45 and we didn't need to be at work until 8. I had decided last night that I would be coming back to work and Kensi didn't know yet and neither did the rest of the team.(except Hetty of course). I looked down at Kensi who was still asleep on my couch and couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. I got up and was going to take a shower before I remembered I had to wake up Kensi so she wouldn't be late.

"Kensi," I whispered as I gently shook her awake," Come on Fern or your gonna be late for work." She opened her eyes and I could tell she was completely confused.

"What the hell.." Kensi glanced at the clock and her eyes got huge. "Is it morning?" She asked as she sat up quickly running her hands through her hair. "Yea but you've got time to go home and clean up before work." I said as I went to get some water. I watched as she got her shoes out from under my coffee table and got all her stuff. She looked up at me "Are you going to come back to work soon Deeks?" I looked right into her mismatched brown eyes and then quickly looked away.

"Uh yea I'm actually coming back today." I said awkwardly. I looked at her face and saw what i think was relief but it wasnt their long enough for me to tell. She had missed me, I knew it. I felt a little bit of happiness to know that she had missed me but then again I was her partner, she was probably just happy to not be Callen and Sam's third wheel anymore.

"Hellooo.... Deeks you hear me in there?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over to Kensi who was staring at me. Shit I really need to stop zoning out. "Uh haha yea just thinking" I laughed nervously. She had a look of concern on her face but it was only there a second before it was gone. Kens was amazing at controlling her feelings and emotions.

"I'm gonna go shower and get ready for work. See you there soon" I walked toward the bathroom leaving Kensi in my living room. A few seconds later I heard the front door close and I started to get ready for work.

| A/N ~ I DO NOT OWN NCIS LA OR THE CHARACTERS. IT ALL BELONGS TO CBS AND SHANE BRENNAN.~

I know that the densi is a little slow but I promise some stuff in the next chapter to happen and im gonna go by my imagination mostly and make stuff up I just wanted to start at the end of Season 5 episode 2 to start the story~

~COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE~