Thumb Drive

DEEKS POV:

Black and white shapes blurred my vision and a steady mechanical beeping noise flooded my ears. As I regained consciousness I saw white walls surrounding me. Where the hell am I? It took me a few minutes to realize I was in a hospital. How did I get here? What happened? I tried to move and I let out a low groan in pain. My muscles were stiff and tense. I sat there trying to figure out what happened when the door to my room opened and a doctor walked in. I didn't recognize him by name but I had seen them here before.

"Good you're awake Mr. Deeks" said the doctor in a warm tone "How are you feeling, any pain?"

"My muscles are a bit sore and stiff." I watched the doctor adjust some knob for something on a machine.

"I adjusted the pain medication to make it easier to move but you shouldn't get out of bed. Try doing some slow stretches to loosen them up since you've been unconscious for a few hours." A few hours? OK now I really wanted to know what happened.

"Doctor...ummm..."

"Doctor Saigen" He said as he finished adjusting my machines.

"What happened why am I here?" I asked full of curiosity.

"You were in a car accident last night and were trapped in the car," The doctor looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. "The paramedics had to give you an andesitic so they could get you out of the car. Your legs were stuck when a van hit the car you were in from the passenger side, were you were sitting." I looked down at my legs and tried to move them, I stifled a moan.

"You shouldn't try to move them a lot. They were cut from the car door being dented in. We stitched up a few but they weren't that bad and you should be able to move them without much pain soon. Depending on how fast they heal you should be out within the next few hours or today. Until then just take it easy stretch out but not to much don't want to hurt them worse. I'll be back later to check in." Doctor Saigen finished talking an with a small nod turned an left my room.

Before the door even closed in came Sam and Callen. This can't be good... and with the anger, concern and panic on there face could tell I was right.

"Hey guys." I looked up at them as each took a side spot standing by the sides of my bed. I felt boxed in and extremely uncomfortable.

"Deeks we need to know what happened last night." I looked from Sam to Callen then to my hand that were awkwardly resting on my lap.

"Ummm...... last night...." I thought hard trying to remember what happened last night, then the memories hit me all at once like a tsunami....

"KENSI WATCH OUT FOR......"  I screamed as Kensi turned the wheel trying to avoid hitting the car that had pulled out from nowhere. Our car swerved across the road before it skidded to a stop.

"COME ON , COME ON! " yelled Kensi as she tried backed up.

Bright white headlights filled the car coming from the passenger side. Suddenly the car jerked and I let out a scream as I felt a sharp pain go through my legs. The van didn't brake when they hit us and instead kept on the gas pushing the car another 100 or so feet before stopping. I looked over at Kensi who was unconscious with her head resting on the steering wheel.

"KENSI!!!!" I reached over and shook her shoulder "KENSI WAKE UP" I tried to move my legs but I felt another sharp pain go through them. I looked down and saw my legs were wedged in the car from the car door being dented in.

"What... what the  hell..?" I looked over and saw Kensi moving, moaning from pain. Suddenly her car door opened and a man dreesed in all black with a ski mask on and a machine gun grabbed Kensi out of the car holding it to her head and she fell like dead weight to the ground.