Chapter 24

I stared up in awe at the large ferris wheel in front of me.  London was great, I had seen almost everything in the week I had been here, but I hadn't done this yet and my stubborn side of me insisted I needed to do it before we went to Dover that evening.  Now I was kicking the stubborn side of me for being so stupid.

"Zane...we don't have to go on this...you said you've done it before..."  I said, my voice cracking slightly.  Why was it so tall anyway?  Did they want to scare the little kids away?

"But you said you wanted to do it."  He replied, squeezing my hand gently.  I gulped and nodded, eyeing the little pods that went around slowly.  We walked past the sign that said 'The London Eye' and up the platform.  We had given our tickets a while back, and then we had to wait the line.  It was almost our turn.

"I wouldn't want you to do this if you don't want to."

"Demi, I love this, it's one of my favorite things to do to relax.  If you don't want to do this, we can go."  I sighed, shaking my head.

"I want to do this, but I don't know if I can..it's so tall."  I had no clue why I was scared of heights, but I had been my whole life.  Just then the pod came to a stop before us, and a group of about ten people came tumbling out.  Before I could decide me and Zane were pushed into the pod, and were moving.  It was slow, so slow I could hardly tell it was in motion.  I took a deep breath and walked over to the benches in the center of the pod, sitting down and closing my eyes.  "How long is this?"

Zane laughed, "Thirty minutes."  He took my hand, "But you're not going to enjoy it from here."  Zane pulled me to my feet and started leading me forward, one step at a time.

"Zane, I don't want to go anywhere! I want to stay sitting!"  I exclaimed, swatting his hand away.  He let go, so I turned to run.  Before I took a step his hands were on my hips, holding me in place.

"Now open your eyes."  He ordered, turning me back around to face the windows.  I gulped, I could feel the panic rising in my chest.  My heart started to beat faster as I peeled open my eyes, taking as long as possible.  I squealed as I jumped back into Zane's chest, startled by our height.  We were about fifty feet up, and no where near the top.  I took a deep breath to calm my nerves as I looked over the area.  It was beautiful, I could see everything.

"Wow."  I whispered.  Zane laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist tighter, nuzzling his face in my neck.  "I thought you loved this?"

"I do."  Zane said, his voice muffled by my hair.

"Then why aren't you looking?"  I asked exasperated.

"Because I love you more."  I chuckled slightly as I felt myself blush, my cheeks turning a bright red color.  I gripped his hands from my hips and pulled his arms loose so I could turn around to face him.  He looked at me confused, and slightly disappointed, but I smiled.

"I love you too." I said, kissing his lips lightly.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thirty minutes later we stepped off of the London Eye, making our way back to the flat.  I jumped onto Zane's back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"That was so much fun!"  I exclaimed, causing him to chuckle.

"And you didn't want to go."  He said, shaking his head.  I hit the back of his skull lightly, shaking my head as well.   I got over my fear pretty quick, thanks to Zane, and enjoyed the rest of the ride.  We walked in silence for a while, slowly making our way home.  At one corner, Zane stopped and just stood there.  I slid off his back, running around to face him.