Chapter 29

The bright light faded, revealing a dark sky. The pain was gone, but my vision was blurry. Almost like a dream. I sat straight up, staring at the people that surrounded me. They wore dirty clothes I dd not recognize, they all smelt horrible, and were all crowded around a small hill.

I was sitting on top of the hill, looking down at the bunch of people. There was  a woman in the front weeping, leaning on a man for support. They were all shouting something about the king of the Jews, and saying nasty things. I turned around, slightly shocked. There were three crosses, on each one was a man. The center cross was larger than the rest, standing slightly higher. The man had a crown of thorns on his head, causing him to bleed. Gore smeared his body, there was so much I couldn't see the color of his skin. His face was crumpled in pain, but he did not cry out. I immediately knew who I was looking at.

I was looking at Jesus.

"Someone help him!" I exclaimed, jumping to my feet. "He's dying" I yelled, running up to the weeping lady. I shook her shoulders, trying to get her attention. "Help him!" No one could hear me, they didn't know I was there.

"Lord forgive them," I spun around on my heals, startled by the voice. Jesus was looking at the sky, choking out pained words, "They know not what they do!" And ten he fell limp.

"No!" I cried out, falling to my knees. I lay down, pressing my form into the ground. There was an empty place in my heart, when he died a piece of me died. I felt a deep connection to him, like he was a part of my being. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I sobbed uncontrollably, allowing the tears to wash away.

"Demitra." I sat up at the sound of the sudden voice, startled. A man dressed in a white robe stood before me. Light seemed to explode from his skin, making me squint to see him. "Demitra." he repeated.

"M..Me?" I stammered, wiping away my tears. He chuckled, the sound sent shivers down my spine.

"Yes child, you. Why are you crying?"

"Jesus...he died..." I whispered, placing my head in my hands, I felt lost and hopeless.

"But I rose again." he said, placing his hands on my shoulders. I looked up through tears to face him, studying his face. He had dark brown shot hair and creamy brown eyes that shone like the sun. A beard covered his face, but I could tell he was tan. "I am alive." he said, holding up one hand for me to see. Right in the center of his palm was a ivory white scar the size of a pen head. Brown rings circled it, swirling outwards. I flung my arms around his neck, unable to speak. I had no choice but to believe him, I knew his word were true.

"I..I'm so sorry I didn't believe!" I sobbed into his neck, crying all over again.

"Do you believe now?" His voice was kind but firm. I nodded into his neck, unable to speak, "Then go my child, take me into into your heart and go back to your world. Spread my word, let the lost be found."

And then everything was white once again.