Chapter 23

It was official, I hated airplanes more than anything.  We left the house at five in the morning, got on the plane at ten, and had been on it for about ten hours.  Needless to say, Aria and Ian were bored to death.  I would've slept the whole way, but they had put it upon me to be their source of entertainment.

"Aria, why don't you watch a movie?"  I asked, running a hand through her long hair.

"Okay."  She sighed.  I smiled and popped the TV out of the arm rest. Maybe she would finally go to sleep.  After searching through all the channels I stopped on Dora, her favorite show.  "Dora!"  She exclaimed, gaining us several glares from people anywhere near.

"Sorry."  I said, placing a hand over Aria's mouth.  I popped the head phones in her ears and she sat back on my lap, resting her head on my chest.  Slowly, after about five show, her eyes started to drift closed.  I held my breath as much as I could so I wouldn't wake her, she was a very light sleeper.  After what seemed like forever she was finally out.  I stood and handed her off to her mother, who smiled at me gratefully.

"Thanks, she really does need some sleep."  Emma said.

"No problem."  I turned and sat back in my seat, which was next to Zane.  He grabbed my hand and I smiled, "Can we trade seats?  I want to look out the window."

"Sure." He said, standing so I could take his chair.  I opened the window shade and gasped as I saw the outside.  We were above the clouds, so it looked like we were on top of the world, "Amazing isn't it?"  Zane asked.  I nodded and shivered as his breath hit my neck.  He was leaning over the seat to look out the window as well.  I watched the clouds go by, trying to count how many we passed, but eventually even that was boring.

"How much longer is this flight?"  I groaned.

"About eight more hours."

"What?"  I exclaimed, placing my head in my hands.  It's because Will is dead, I kept telling myself.  That, of course, made me feel even worse.  I could feel my throat closing up, so I pushed the thoughts away, "So where are we landing again?"

"In London, that's where I used to live."

"And what are we going to do?"

"Well my mom and the kids are going to visit family and friends, but my mom gave us permission to roam about the city. I can show you around."  He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.  I smiled back, I couldn't help it.  Whenever he smiled, my heart started to race and my face grew red.  Zane laughed again, "You're cute when you blush."

"Stop saying that!"  I slapped his arm playfully.

"But it's true."  He said, holding his arms up in surrender.  I giggled, grabbing his left hand and lacing our fingers together.  Little shocks of electricity shot up my arm as my fingers tingled.  Every time we touched I felt that way, even if it was only a little brush of our hands.  He smiled at me, shifting his gaze over my whole body, from head to toe.  I blushed and looked away, I didn't want any more teasing.

I felt Zane cup my face under my chin as he pulled my face so I would look at him.  His eyes were twinkling as he smiled at me, eyeing my red cheeks.  I sucked in my breath as he lent forward, brushing my hair back from my neck.  He started sucking on the skin just below my ear, causing me to shiver.  "You're cute when you blush."  He whispered against my skin, and for some reason I didn't care anymore.  I grabbed his shoulders, digging my nails into his flesh, before wrapping my arms around his neck, tugging at his hair.  I could feel my heart racing as my body began to throb.  That feeling was new to me.

"Zane, stop.  We're on an airplane."  I said breathlessly, putting my hands on his shoulders and pushing him back slightly.  I heard him sigh as he pulled away, looking me in the eyes.  He looked so disappointed, I almost laughed.  But then again, I probably looked exactly the same way.