Part Seventeen: Great News?

After taking a hot bath, you quickly dressed an d set out to find Frigga. As Eir had said, it'd be much easier and less suspicious if you found Frigga first. It didn't take long either. Frigga was wandering the halls looking for you as well.

"________, there you are my dear." You spun around to see Frigga smiling and looking relieved.

"Good morning Frigga," You said, trying to sound normal.

"Good morning," she said. Both of you stayed silent. Frigga didn't really have anything to say and neither did you.

"So.... did you and Thor already have breakfast?" You asked, trying to make some sort of conversation.

"Thor has eaten, but I haven't yet. I was worried looking for you, _______."

"Right." You knew what you should say, you should ask Frigga if she wanted to eat with you, but you knew she was still suspicious about you and Loki, and you didn't want to accidentally say something you'd regret.

"Have you had anything to eat this morning?" Frigga inquired.

"Not yet," you admitted.

"Would you like to dine together?"

You hesitated for a second, then answered, "Yes."

Eating with Frigga wasn't nearly as bad as you had thought it would be. While she obviously did want to question you, she didn't. And instead, made normal conversation.

After you'd eaten and finished up your conversation (about Thor and the wedding, no surprise there) you and Frigga parted ways.

Released from your obligation to keep quiet about last night, you went wandering through the halls looking for Loki. Instead, you ran into Thor.

"________, good morning. I have been searching for you. You were not in your quarters last night and I could not find you anywhere."

"Yeah, I slept somewhere else last night..."

Thor looked slightly confused at this, but let it go. He had more important things on his mind. "I have wonderful news, ________. Father has moved the date of our wedding to next Thor's Day. Is this not glorious?"

You mind went blank. You hadn't really thought about the impending date looming over your head. You hadn't had to, it had seemed far off. And now it was so close it was nearly crushing you.

"It's......great," you said. "But why did Odin move the date?"

"Father thought it best if we were married as soon as possible as we are so in love."

"Yeah, but there's no need to rush into things...."

"________, it has been nearly two months since our engagement. Why should we wait any longer to be together when we love each other so deeply?"

"Yeah......"

"This is wondrous!" Thor boomed, embracing you and swinging you around. He set your feet back upon the floor. "I apologize. I am simply just so excited that we are going to be wed in three days! I love you so much." Thor stared deeply into your eyes and you fought the urge to squirm or look away.

"I... love you... too." It wasn't a complete lie, you did love Thor. Although you loved him like a good friend or older brother.

"I must now go, Father and I need to find proper attire to wear at the ceremony. You should do the same." Thor gave you a quick kiss before running off in the direction he'd come.

 You'd forgotten about having to get a dress. If it were for another occasion, you might be happy about it. But to put it simply, you didn't want to marry Thor. You didn't want to get a wedding dress. You didn't even want to be at the wedding. But unfortunately, there was no chance of that happening. You sighed, in addition to all of this, you were going to have to be the one to break the news to Loki. You knew Thor would forget or neglect to do it, and Odin probably just wouldn't bother. Frigga didn't know about the moved date yet, and it was best if Loki knew as soon as possible. Sighing again, you walked down the hall, continuing to look for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia time! The name "Thursday" actually does come from "Thor's Day". Just like "Friday" comes from "Frigg(a)'s Day." Or "Saturday" being Loki's Day (Saturn is the Roman counterpart of Loki). :D