Part Twenty: You'll Have a Happy Ending...

• Dedicated to All of my wonderful followers and readers!

 The golden double doors slowly opened, revealing not a mass of faces, but just a few. You blushed as everyone's eyes widened and they smiled. They had seen you in your dress yesterday, but now happier and with a great night's sleep, you looked even more stunning. You fought the urge to smooth your dress out, you knew it was already perfect. Everything was perfect.

 “You are beautiful,” Loki whispered as you approached. You didn't say anything in response, the moment was too precious for words.

Loki reached out and gently gripped our hand. His fingertips were cold, but you didn't let go. Loki brought your hand up and splayed your fingers. He removed Thor's engagement ring and revealed his own, sliding it on your finger. Loki's ring was gold, with two diamonds on either side of a larger, beautiful, deep-green emerald. You looked down at the ring, admiring it. Loki grabbed your other hand and you turned until you were fully facing him.

Frigga cleared her throat and you and Loki released each other's hands and spun to face her. She began to speak, "Today, we celebrate the union of my son, Loki, and his bride, ___________ ____________. Their everlasting love will bond not only them, but their peoples. Asgard and Midgard will forever be united." Frigga turned to both you and Loki. "Now, if Loki and ___________ would like to exchange their own words." Frigga held her hand out as if presenting you.

You drew a blank, you didn't know what to say. "Uh...."

Loki cleared his throat, turning to you and smiling. "I have loved you since the moment we first met as children. I remember seeing you, young and curious, in the garden as Mother led Thor and I to meet you. And even though the definition of that love has changed, it has never diminished. You are the person who brings warmth into my life everyday. You are the most beautiful woman in the universe, even more so than the goddess Freyja, and the one person who can make me honest. And for that, I love you."

There was a pause as Loki stared into your eyes, then you spoke. "I don't really know what to say," you admitted. "But I love you. More than anything. And my memories are filled with you. Your wide smile in the garden when you saw me for the first time, our first kiss, our time on the roof together, and now, our wedding. I can't promise we'll have a perfect future. But I can promise that we will have a future and I will love you forever." You slid the emerald-green band off of your finger and clutched it tightly in your fist. "And I will keep this safe from harm, so I will never forget you." 

 Loki smiled lovingly at you, then turned back to face Frigga. You did the same.

Frigga smiled and spoke, asking: "Do you swear to protect and care for each other in times of need?"

"I swear," Loki replied.

"I swear," you added after your future husband.

Frigga continued, "Do you swear to take each other as constant friends and to honor and respect each other?"

"I swear," you and Loki said in unison.

"Do you swear to honor fidelity and to love each other fully and unconditionally as long as this bond shall last?"

"I swear!" Loki said very seriously and honestly.

"I swear."

"Then I join you together," Frigga said, taking your and Loki's right hands and joining them together. You and Loki gripped each other's hands, holding them between you at about chest-level. "And give you my blessing," Frigga added, raising her hand and placing it atop your coupled hands. "I now, by the power I hold as Goddess of Marriage, do pronounce you to be husband and wife."

You and Loki turned to each other and embraced tightly. Loki pulled back to give you a long, passionate kiss. You returned the gesture, kissing Loki in a needy manner, gripping his clothes tightly in your fists. Loki's hand made it's way through your hair, careful not to undo the braid which had been carefully woven across the top of your head and instead ran his fingers through the loose hair that flowed behind it. Loki's hand moved around your body and came to rest on your waist. His fingers played with the fabric of your dress.

Frigga cleared her throat. You both turned to look at her, breaking the kiss and lowering your hands to your sides.

 "There will be plenty of time for that in your wedding bed. In privacy," she added, subtly gesturing towards the shocked Odin, uncomfortable-looking Thor, and giggling Eir.

"Right," you replied, turning a bright shade of red.

"Enough of this!" Thor bellowed. "Let us feast!"

Everyone followed Thor to the dining room, leaving you and Loki alone. You turned to follow the others, but something suddenly occurred to you.

"What is our last name?" you asked Loki. "Is it Odinson or Laufeyson?"

"I am uncertain," Loki replied truthfully. "I am neither truly son of Odin nor Laufey." Loki paused. "I shall take your last name," he announced. "I will become Loki ___________."

You kissed Loki and pulled back to speak, but Thor appeared in the doorway. He grinned at you and Loki. You looked over at your husband, who glanced down at you and you both followed Thor into the place where the feast was taking place.

The feast was magnificent. Plate and platters and bowls piled high with delicious looking and smelling food enticed you. You forgot anything you'd ever learned about manners and followed Thor's example, helping yourself to anything and everything you wanted.

"It is wonderful, is it not?" Thor asked with a mouthful of food as you shoved an entire bread roll into your mouth.

You nodded in response, your mouth was far too full to speak.

"Servants bring the ale!" Thor demanded. "The finest ale in our stores, for my brother and his wife!"

In a few moments the platoon of servants returned with barrels and bottles full of alcohol. "Let us drink!" Thor boomed.

The feast continued late into the night, and would end up continuing for a total of eight days. However, on the first night you and Loki were led by "witnesses" (Frigga and Eir as well as a few soldiers) to your chambers and to your wedding bed to consummate the marriage. Each of the witnesses placed a rose upon the bed and the procession slowly filed out the door, leaving you and Loki alone.

"Ready, my dear?" Loki asked seductively, holding out his hand for you to take.

You took his hand and he pulled you closer to him, his hands traveling up your back. Loki's lips met yours in a loving, but ravished manner. Loki's hand ran up your back, grasping the zipper of your dress and slowly pulled down, relieving you of your wedding attire. The familiar touch of Loki's chilled fingertips against your skin made you shiver, not only from the cold, but also from anticipation. The dress fell about your ankles and you stepped out of it. Loki laid you back onto the bed and, situating himself above your body, kissed you deeply.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki rolled over on the bed to face you. You were both well out of breath and definitely consummated by this point.  Loki smiled and reached out to brush his fingers against your cheek. "I love you," he whispered, leaning in and giving you a tender kiss.

"I know," you replied, smiling softly. "I love you too."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END (For now...)

No, I didn't write out the "consummation" (SMUT!) scene, but that's because I felt like it would take away from the actual story/ending/whatever I mean.

Yes, your dress has a zipper. Not exactly Asgardian, but Loki did say that he helped Frigga collect the dresses (presumably from Midgard)...

Yes it's slightly late, but hey, I got it updated (FINALLY). And I had to climb into a bush to rescue my cat, so......

Anyways, happy ending guys! I AM doing a sequel, it's called "Ours" And I do have up, but I don't have any of the chapters up yet, I will start uploading in mid-January (probably after finals.)

Thanks for reading!!