Part Thirteen: Return

“Wait,” Eir stopped you and Frigga from walking towards the door. “Where did Thor go?”

You looked around, but didn't see Thor anywhere. You sighed in annoyance, the God of Thunder was such a handful.

“There he is!” Eir yelled, pointing to Thor.

He was running up the moving stairs. Except he was trying to go up the “down” side and is really wasn't working. You supposed he was drunker than he seemed. The three of you made eye-contact with each other and burst out laughing before jogging over to the stairs.

“Thor!” you called up to him.

He stopped running against the stairs and was slowly carried down to you. When he was back at your level, he hopped off of the stairs and made his way over to you. Before you could even try to figure out what he was doing, he smashed his lips into yours in a sloppy kiss. His hand moved and he slid your shirt off of your shoulder. Thor's other hand worked its way inside your shirt. His warm fingers crawled up your side until his palm rested on your breast. His thumb infiltrated the petal of your bra and rubbed against your areola.

You decided that was too far and stepped away from him, forcing his hand off your chest and out of your shirt. Frigga's eyes were wide as saucers and even Eir was wearing a shocked expression.

“Thor!” Frigga scolded, smacking the side of her son's head gently. “That was not appropriate!”

“I deserve sex!” Thor shouted argumentatively.

Frigga hit Thor again, harder this time. “I know that I raised you better than this!”

Thor's expression twisted into one of disgust and rage and he stormed out the doors.

“Wait! Thor!” You sighed. He was acting unbelievably childish right now. Still, you couldn't let him run around the city in the state he was in. He was obviously more affected by the alcohol than he was letting on.

You followed Thor out the doors and found him standing in one of the fountain pools, talking to a statue. He laughed and responded as of he were having a real conversation with her.

You shook your head at Thor, stepping into the fountain to retrieve him.

“Come on Thor,” you coaxed as you gripped his arm and pulled him from the water.

“Goodbye!” Thor yelled to the statue, allowing you to drag him away. He waved to the stone woman with his free arm.

With Thor in tow, you made your way back to the door. Frigga and Eir were standing outside in fits of laughter.

Once Frigga and Eir calmed down again and you had convinced Thor to come along (which really wasn't all that hard), you began to make your way back to the Bifrost site. When you arrived at the well-known marking the Bifrost left in the sand, Thor, Frigga, Eir, and you all assembled within it.

“Heimdall! We are ready to return! Open the Bifrost!” Frigga called out.

The familiar rainbow light encircled you and the four of you were transported back to Asgard.

You stumbled slightly when you got back, taking the first dizzy step. Once again, Eir came over to you and healed you.

“Sorry,” you said, knowing she was probably getting tired of tending to you.

“It really is not a problem.”

“Good to see you returned safely, Thor,” Heimdall said, without even turning around to look at the four of you.

Thor ran up to the Guardian God, giving him a big, wet kiss on the cheek.

“Heimdall, you need to get yourself a laid,” Thor said, trying to mimic things he had heard in Vegas.

Heimdall looked at Thor questioningly. “I do not believe that is quite what the mortals said.”

Thor made a face that looked to be a mixture of defeat and confusion.

Heimdall whirled around, staring directly at you. “Loki left a message for you.”

“What did he say?” You wondered.

“You kept the ring intact,” a familiar voice sighed. Loki appeared on the other side of the room, looking disappointedly at you.

“What?” you questioned, deciding to play dumb. Pretending not to know what would have happened if you had broken the emerald band.

Loki sighed irritably. “If you had broken the ring, like I told you, you wouldn't remember me. The ring would have caused you to forget.”

“And why would you want to do that?” you pressed. “You embarrassed about that night on the roof?” Thor was currently in the room, but he was distracted with Heimdall and also drunk off his ass, so you couldn't really care less. However, Frigga's face turned redder than Thor's cape and Eir begin to giggle manically.

Loki kept a good poker-face, although you could see right through his facade. Loki wasn't all embarrassed, in fact, he seemed to be rather proud. The God sighed. “I wanted you to be able to forget about me. To live a happy life with Thor. He is your fiancé, after all. And no amount of wishing nor hoping will change that.”

“But... we could still be friends....” you pointed out.

Loki gave a weak laugh. “You trust me far too much. Do you honestly believe that I am capable of that much self-control when you are next to me?”

“Well, yeah,” you admitted. “Besides, we've been together since the beginning. You're practically my other half.”

Loki sighed. He looked torn. Part of him wanted to vanish and leave you to have a happy normal life. The other half wished to stay, perhaps even only for his own selfish reasons.

“Stay,” you told him, reading his emotions and grabbing his hand.

He smiled softly at you. His free hand brushed against your cheek, coming to rest on the back of your neck. Loki bent down until he was at eye level with you. He moved closer, preparing to kiss you.

“_________!” Frigga called you.

Loki sighed, standing up fully again.

“What is it?” you asked, turning around to face the boys' mother.

Frigga tried to think of something to tell you or ask you. She opened her mouth to speak, but didn't say anything. It was obvious at this point that she had only spoken to prevent you from kissing Loki.

Your stomach rumbled, saving Frigga from any further embarrassment.

Loki wrapped his arm around your shoulder. “I will make certain she eats something,” he promised Frigga, beginning to lead you out of the Bifrost room.

Frigga looked uneasy about you leaving with Loki. However, she glanced over at the drunken Thor (who was currently playing with Heimdall's helm), remembering what he tried to do earlier and decided that it might be best for you to go off with Loki, for now at least. Besides, the two of you were only going to eat.

You allowed Loki to lead you out into the rainbow bridge, his hand still wrapped around yours. Outside, you were surprised to find that there was only one horse waiting to take you back.