Part Twelve: The Ring

Soon enough, you reached a small in-casino bar. It was a simple island-bar with seats all around and glasses hanging from the ceiling. A rather old-looking bartender was serving everyone. Sitting on the far side of the bar was Thor. He was surrounded by empty mugs and drinking from a half-full one.

“So, what're you in for?” the bartender asked Thor, polishing a glass he was currently holding.

Thor lowered his drink and let out a breath, staring down at the counter. “My fiancée had sexual relations with my brother.”

“That's gotta be tough, buddy,” the bartender said, setting down the glass. “Here, have one on the house.” He filled up a mug with the amber liquid, allowing the froth to spill slightly over the edges and placed it in front of Thor.

Thor set down his now-empty glass and began to chug the beer the bartender had placed before him. The liquid inside the glass was gone within seconds.

“Another,” Thor demanded.

“Are you sure?” the tender asked, counting up the glasses sitting before Thor. “You've already had seventeen.”

“Another!” Thor shouted, threatening to throw his mug onto the ground and cause it to shatter. A few people nearby glanced up at him, but most were far too distracted.

“Hey, hey, it's alright. Calm down, I'll get ya another.” The man working the bar filled one more glass up with alcohol and handed it to Thor.

“Thor!” you called, jogging over to him.

“This Midgardian ale is weak,” Thor complained, not bothering to look up at you.

“Hey! This is high quality stuff!” The bartender objected.

“Come on Thor,” you placed a hand upon his shoulder, “let's go meet up with your mother and go back to Asgard.”

“I am not returning to Asgard,” Thor said. He set down his mug and turned up to you. You had to try very hard to stifle a laugh when you saw his beerstache. And then his words got through to your brain.

“You're not going? Why not?” You asked, almost accusingly.

“Asgard no longer holds anything for me.” Thor stared down into his mug, seeming almost hypnotized by the golden elixir.

“What do you mean? Of course it does!” You scowled at Thor. You had come all the way from Asgard to search for him and here he was, wallowing in self-pity and drinking to his sorrows. “Get up,” you commanded, grabbing his arm.

“What?” Thor looked up at you.

“Set your drink down, get off your sorry ass, go meet up with your mother, and get the Helheim back to Asgard.” Thor stared up at you like an idiot. “NOW.”

“Yes _________!” he said, jumping from his seat and running from the bar.

“Wait!” you called after him. “Frigga's that way!” You pointed in the direction you had come.

“Right!” Thor yelled to you, switching directions.

The bartender chuckled and you smiled at him, then took off running after Thor. You chased Thor back to where Frigga was and found her smothering him with kisses on his forehead, cheeks, and just his head in general. She was cradling his face in her hands and refusing to let go of him, despite his loud insisting.

“I did not think we would ever find you! I thought you were lost to us forever!”

“I am alright mother!” Thor gently pushed his mother away, freeing himself from her embrace.