Part Ten: Jotunheim

Landing on the icy planet, you were dizzy from the ride through the cosmos. You held your head, trying to regain your composure. Eir came over to you and placed a hand upon the top of your head, relieving you of your disorientation and pounding headache.

“Thanks.”

“It was not a problem,” Eir replied, giving a smile. “Dizziness and headaches are quite common among humans who travel through the Bifrost. Then again, not many humans even know of the Bifrost's existence, much less get to travel it.”

“Come on, let us get moving,” Frigga said with new energy. She was determined to find her son.

“Right.” You nodded and followed her with Eir tailing you.

The three of you marched across the frozen terrain, your every move leaving footsteps in the snow. You neared the tower in which the king of Jotunheim resided. Then a nerve-wracking thought crossed your mind. You were about to meet Loki's biological father. An apprehensive feeling grew in the pit of your stomach as you got closer and closer to Laufey's throne.

“What have you come here for, Asgardians?” The words echoed through the glacial walls and rolled off of the speaker's tongue as if they were rotten.

“Looking for my son, for Thor,” Frigga answered bravely, stepping closer to Laufey.

Laufey opened his red eyes and looked down at Frigga. He slowly moved out of his frigid throne and stood. Standing at his full height, he was about twice as tall as Frigga. He stared down at Frigga in the way that someone would look at an insect.

“The Princess of Asgard is not here,” Laufey growled, his voice as raw and icy as his kingdom.

Frigga scowled and for a moment, it appeared she was going to attack Laufey. However, she relaxed and turned away, beginning to walk back to the Bifrost site.

Laufey glanced over at you, his crimson eyes seeming to pierce your very soul. Looking way up at him, you realized Loki was tiny compared to his father. You almost wanted to giggle and if Laufey hadn't been so intimidating, you would've. You already knew that the prince of Asgard was small for a frost giant, but you hadn't really been conscious of the full extent of it.

“_________!” Eir tapped your arm.

“Huh?” Your eyes had been locked into Laufey's, but you turned to look at Eir now.

“We need to get going,” Eir repeated, although you hadn't heard her the first time.

“Oh, right.” You turned away from Laufey slowly and he repositioned himself on his throne.

On the trek back to the Bifrost site, you thought about how Loki would look as King of Jotunheim. After all, he was a prince of Jotunheim just as much as he was a prince of Asgard. As a Jotun king, he wouldn't wear much, no Jotun did as they thrived in the cold. But he would be dressed in gold king's clothing and the crown would wrap itself around his head. He would also likely have horns, as they were the sign of a master sorcerer on Jotunheim.

“Heimdall! Open the Bifrost, we are ready to return!” Frigga called.

The shaft of rainbow light came down on the planet and the trio of you flew pack to Asgard. The dizziness returned when you arrived, but Eir dispelled your pain again.

“If you feel nauseous later, just call for me. A feeling of sickness is often felt, but it is usually delayed.” You nodded.

Frigga marched out of the room, her disappointment apparent. She had really expected to find her son.

“Wait!” Heimdall called, his golden eyes sparkling.

“What?” Frigga spun around hopefully.

“I see Thor.” Heimdall said the words and Frigga's face visibly lit up.

“Where?” She asked.

“On Midgard,” Heimdall said, his eyes staring off into the distance. “In a place called Las Vegas, Nevada.”

-------------------

Wow, I didn't realize this chapter was so short.... But, I wanted to spilt it up from the next part, so oh well.