15th Chapter: Unexpected Call

"The baby is dead." the doctor told.

"This is a prank right? It as to be!" Jace spoke sadly.

"I'm so sorry but there was nothing we could do." the doctor said.

"Can you give me and my girlfriend some alone time please?" Jace asked.

"Sure, excuse me." the doctor spoke and left the infirmary.

"Baby please wake up... Don't leave me too..." Jace sighed crying while he sat next to her and tangled his hand with hers.

Jace kissed her forehead and just stood there watching her.

Minutes later Clary slowly opened her eyes sitting on bed and looked around until she finds Jace holding her hand looking down to the ground and she squeezes his hand and calls his name.

"Clary baby! Thank God you're ok!" Jace spoke pulling her into a tight hug.

"What's wrong? Where's our baby?" Clary asked concerned hugging him back.

"I don't know how to tell you this baby... But our baby didn't make it, he was born dead..." Jace sadly told her and hugged her tighter against his chest.

"Wh-what?" Clary's voice cracked as tears full filed her cheeks burning like fire.

"I'm so sorry Clary." Jace spoke kissing the top of her head while she cried into his chest.

"This is all my fault!" Clary said pulling away and shaking her head frenetically.

"Hey, hey!" Jace said holding her head between his hands to make her look right at him "This isn't your fault, it could've happened to any other person."

Clary just hugged him again hiding her face on his neck and silent tears rolled down her face.

"Everything will be ok baby. I promise." Jace said playing with her perfect ginger curls.

"Miss Morgensten, you're free to go tomorrow in the afternoon." the nurse informed and turned to leave the room.

*Time skips*

It was 8:35 in the morning, Clary slowly woke up and found a sleeping Jace sitting on a chair next to her Hospital bed.

A nurse came in with Clary's breakfast and laid it on her bed.

"Good morning Miss Morgensten." the nurse complimented.

"Good morning, and thank you." Clary thanked as the nurse left the room and she started to eat the food.

"Hey baby, good morning." Jace said with a sleepy voice.

"Good morning." Clary said "You want some?"

"No thanks baby, I hate Hospital food." Jace replied.

"Ok then." Clary said and finished her meal.

Clary put the plate on a table next to her and stayed in bed chatting with Jace.

(...)

It was now 3 in the afternoon, Clary was getting dressed to leave the Hospital.

As she finished she left the room and found Jace sat waiting for her, once his eyes caught hers he got up and walked over to her.

"Ready to go?" he asked embracing her waist with his left arm.

"Yeah. I'm done with Hospitals." Clary answered and they left the Hospital.

Jace called a cab and said the destiny, once they arrived Jace paid the taxist and they entered his house.

"What do y-" he got cut off by Clary's phone ringing.