14th Chapter: She Has Chosen

"VAL!" Jocelyn yelled with tears in her eyes.

"Joce, what's wrong?" Valentine asked as he reached her.

"It's Clary, she's gone!" Jocelyn answered.

"What? How?" Valentine said hugging Jocelyn "That loud noise last night must have been her running away."

"We need to find her, she can't be with Jace, he'll break her heart just like every teenager boy does." Jocelyn spoke "Let's go ask Izzy and Alec! They probably know where Jace lives."

Jocelyn saw a note on Clary's bed, she went to pick it and she read it.

Dear mom and dad,
I don't know why you're trying to pull me away from Jace but I can't let you do it.
I want my baby to be happy, to have his father present on it's life, I want my baby to have the parents together and happy and if you can't see it at least you could ask me what I want.
But when you told me you were pulling my away from him by moving to Lisbon you left me no choice, I couldn't leave my friends and Jace, what would I do without Izzy and Simon? Think about it. What would I feel if I lose Jace? Think. What would my baby think of his mother if I had left with him on my stomach knowing he or she would want it's father? Just think. My baby deserves to have both parents, this baby deserves an happy family.
I'm sorry mom and dad but I just couldn't go away with you.
I know running away it's not going to solve the problem but I had any other way to stay here with my baby's daddy and my friends, my whole childhood lives in here, my entire life is here, I've never moved out until you tried to force me.
I know I don't have any idea how to raise a kid but I'll learn, I'll ask Maryse to help me but I will never give my child away.
Although you might be really mad at me right now I just want you to know that I love you both very much but I couldn't let you destroy my happiness and my life.
Bye mom and dad, maybe one day you'll understand why I did this and maybe we'll see each others again, but for now I can't go with you.
With love,
Clary'

And with that they got dressed and head till Maryse's house.

As they arrived Jocelyn knocked at the cook and Izzy opened it.

"Hello Isabelle can we have a talk with you and your brother?" Jocelyn asked and Izzy nodded letting them in.

"Feel free to sit, I'll go just call Alec." Izzy told going upstairs.

"Oh hey Izzy." Alec spoke as his sister walked into his bedroom.

"Alec, Clary's parents are here to talk with us. I'll just go tell mom they're here and I'll come back here so we can go downstairs." Izzy said, Alec nodded and Izzy headed back till her mother's bedroom and knocked at the door.

"Come in!" Maryse said.

"Hey mom. Look, if I got pregnant at eighteen what would you do?" Izzy asked curious.

"Nothing, I would just help you out raising your kid, why? You're not telling me you'are pregnant are you?" Maryse replied.

"No, no! But Clary is and her mother wants to force her to move out to Lisbon and leave Jace. And she's here now probably to ask if we know where Jace lives to go after Clary and take her away with her to Lisbon. Clary asked me not to tell Jocelyn where Jace lives but I don't know if that's the right call." Izzy explained.

"Well if Clary wants to be with Jace then let her be happy, besides Jace is a good boy. Don't tell them where he lives." Maryse said.

"Thanks mom. I won't tell but Alec is what's worrying me, he hesitated last night when Clary asked us not to tell. I'm afraid he might tell." Izzy told.