Chapter 18

I wake suddenly to a blood curdling scream coming from the hallway, and I quickly scramble to my feet, rushing to my door. But once I try turning the door handle, I find it locked from the outside.

I scream, as frustrated as could be. I kick the door in anger, before pounding at the metal surface. "What's going on?!" I shout with rage.

"Oh, I'm sure you would love to know." Megatron's voice echos in my ear, sounding like it was coming from behind me.

I twist around, gasping at the projection glowing on my wall. It was of a video. A video of Jar.

Jar was being threatened by Knockout and a few other drones, and they were very, very angry. They shouted things I could make out, but I know for sure I heard my name being said. With that, Jar cowers away in a corner, while the 'cons continue walking towards him.

"Please spare me... Have mercy!" The mini-con pleads, covering his face with his arms.

"Not a chance, traitor," once of the drones snits, charging the blaster located on his arm.

"No!" I cry out, tears sliding down my cheeks.

He was my only friend...

The con then shoots at the mini bot, smirking at the sight as Jar's body crumbles and rusts, falling to the ground. Knockout slaps his hands together, turning around the scene while hiding away his weapons. He smiles, walking away from the scene. Although, a few drones remain, one of them walking towards the rusted body, picking it up with caution and tossing it to his friend beside of him. They begin to play with it, tossing back and forth, chuckling as they did so.

I slump to my knees, covering my face with my hands, holding back screams.

But that's when I remember the Decepticon's don't care about me. So I let myself scream, and I scream until I just can't anymore.

***

A knock sounds at my door. I stand to my feet, my legs wobbling with me and making it hard to reach the door. But I go one, and I open the sliding door, it creaking with the slightest movement.

I glance up to see Megatron standing in front of me, and, of course, he has a grin on his face.

I growl at him. "What do you want?"

His grin twists into a frown, and soon, into a glare. "It's time for your next test, Experiment," he says with disgust.

"I kinda guessed..." I sigh, shrugging my shoulders and stepping out, sliding the door shut as I do.

He lowers his hand, ushering for me to stand on it.

I roll my eyes, huffing and looking to the side as I cross my arms. "I can walk, thank you."

He only smirks, staring down at me. "Suit yourself. Be at the med-bay in 5 minutes," he pauses. "No later. I don't believe I need to tell you your punishment otherwise, do I?"

I shoot him a glare, and he walks off, disappearing behind a hallway wall.

I jump into a running position and dash off, knowing for certain I need to be at the med-bay now. Or in five minutes. I don't want to make the mistake of being late again, and I shiver at the thought.

Breathing in sharply, my lungs burning and screaming for me to stop, but I force my legs to continue on.

I hear clock bells ringing in my ears. They are imaginary, but I can just tell I might be late... Time is not on my side.

When I see the med-bay door just twenty feet ahead, and I smile, slowing down in the slightest, but still quick enough to reach there in time.

I make it.