Chapter 13

I smirk at the sight of sideswipe. He is all alone, no other Autobot around. Although they could come around soon, so I'll have to be quick. I can't risk being caught by anyone. Not yet, anyway.

I fly the drone away with that, but leaving it about 3 miles away -so I can pick it up on my way there. But the base is still a ways away, but I still need to be careful of my drone being caught. If they were to catch it, it's possible the Autobots could track it back to my location. And just like them, my base is meant to be kept secret as well.

Though, my base is small compared to theirs. It's in an underground bunker, made to look like a storm cellar which is normally used during severe weather. When I found this spot, It was empty along with the house it sits beside of, and as I traveled more of the cellar, I found hidden hallways that made it bigger, and much more useful to me.

The years went by, and I made this area into my laboratory, where I would plan out all of my experiments. It's also where I sleep. But it's not very cozy, and reminds me of my cell on the warship. I wish to live somewhere more like a home, where I could be treated normally. I could pay bills like everyone else, go to the grocery store and shop for clothing. And maybe one day i can still do that.

First I have to be my own hero, and save myself.

***

After hotwiring a motorcycle near by the city I traveled in before, I glance around, looking for a way out before anyone notices me. I'm still an outsider here, and I don't want to be, and I don't want to be known for just my metal skin, but I have to hide for now.

I have to hide...

I drive off towards my destination, while my thought rush by me, making me think of all the negative, and positive things that of gone on.

I have to hide my face everywhere I go now. I just want a normal life. I never asked to be a Decepticon experiment, I never wanted this... I just want to be a child again, live like everyone else. I want to be happy. Why did the aliens have to take everything from me? I just want to smile again.

Tears pour down my messy face, my dirt covered face. I go to wipe it away, but nothing can stop my broken heart from crying. I take another deep breath, driving along. But when I go to wash off my wet face again, I lose control. A car is flying past me, and I swerve to get out of it's way.

I shoot to the right, my bike losing control, and it speeds into the green pasture beside the road. The almost abandoned road.

I'm flung into the air as the bike turns to it side. A shoot of a glimpse of light passes by me as I slam into the hard, cold ground. I groan in pain, attempting to move, but pain courses through my skin, and my head falls to the surface.

My vision becomes spotted, my stomach feels like it's spinning, and my head hurts. It hurts.. so, so bad. And then, nothing. 

***

I shoot awake, glancing around. It's night. The darkness covers the sky while the stars light it up with little speckles.

"No, no, no," I mumble, scrambling to my feet.

I rush to my bike, pulling out the remote that goes along with my drone -which I kept hidden in the seat of the bike.

My eyes scream to fall back asleep, and my body aches. I haven't slept in a few days. I could use some rest, but I need to keep on working. However... I remember one small thing from my childhood. My mom would tell me as I went to bed that I can work so far, as long as I get my test. It allows your brain to rest. Which I probably need to do.

But I can sleep later.

Switching on the remote control, I begin to press a few buttons to get the drone live, and once it is, a alight shines on the screen, showing me everything that is around the drone by the camera located on it.