Chapter 6

To be honest, I didn't really have to be afraid of the military or Autobots. Sure they do look at me weird, but they are careful around me, so I stay calm and don't shout. Which I've done a few times. They don't particularly like it when I yell, but who would? At least here they won't kill me for it like the Decepticons would. They do seem to care for me somewhat, and It's kinda nice..

Not that I would ever admit that to them.

I still don't consider the Autobots, or their human allies, to be the "good" side. I guess time will tell, eh?

The room I am staying in is nothing like the cell I was locked in at the warship. No, It's much larger with windows at the end. Fresh air is nice, as I opened the windows to breath it in. The walls are plain white. However, in the middle of the room, on the floor, the Autobot symbol is painted. Not surprising.

But this may be the beginning of me getting my life back. My human life. I could try to start over, and I can do something else with my life; maybe even making some friends; that is, if anyone would ever accept my skin to become a friend.

Seems far fetched, but maybe it will work. I do look like a freak to them, though. It could be a good thing. I am a mutation. An experiment, and I am different. 

For the rest of my life this is how I will be. Or will I?

Strolling to the dresser sitting beside my metal framed bed, I open it and grab the military attire I had been given. I slipped the pants and baggy shirt on quickly -before turning to the mirror behind me.

The pants were quite baggy, along with the shirt. The grey t- shirt fell over my shoulder and almost reached to my knees. They could have given me a smaller size... The pants weren't any better. They feel way far below my ankles and dragged the ground. Gratefully, I was given a belt, which came into use.

After slipping on my boots, and hiding the long ends of the pants with them, I step out the door.

The soldiers are all hanging out, laughing and exercising some. Must be their day off. To begin my new life, I should try spending time with the people I live with for now to try and learn what normal people do and how they act day to day. I do hope it won't take too long to learn. I haven't been a real human in many years.

10 years to be exact. Ten years I can remember sleeping in the same dark cell. Ten years I was experimented on. But not anymore, because now I am finally free.

Now I just need to try and blend in, hiding my metal as I do so.

I make my way into the training room, finding the soldiers to be doing the exact same thing the soldiers were doing in the main room. Here, in the training room, there is Autobots as well, except they used larger materials to work out. The training room is large, it would have to be, though, to fit all these large robots. I chuckle at the thought.

A few soldiers stare at me as I walk by. I shoot those men a glare and walk forward. The first equipment I would like to try is the bar to do pull ups. I haven't done those in awhile; however, on the warship that was the one exercise I could do for a long time there.

Grabbing the bars that stood above me, I jump to reach them and pull my self up to have my chin over the bar. I continued this for about 15 minutes. Non stop.

People had began to surround me, and I decide to jump down, turning to look at each of them. "Can I help you?"

Sweat dripped from my hairline -as the soldiers don't turn their gaze, staring awestruck at me.

One soldier with black curly hair shakes his head. "Sorry. It's just we've rarely seen people who are able to do what you just did." 

I raise a brow.

"How were you able to do that?" Another soldier asks, one I have come to know as James.

I look down at my arms, shrugging my shoulders before looking back up at the guys. "I'm guessing this. I never noticed it before, though."

Sideswipe rolled up, chuckling the slightest. "Hey shorty, you sure did show off to the other soldiers."

"Sorry?"

"No need to be," James begins. "But you definitely could be used in the military."

"What happened to you?" Another asks, causing me to frown.

"This wasn't a choice, if that is what you are thinking." I glare at him and walk away, leaving the room.