Bye-Bye Jack

I started running but stopped at the end of the driveway when I heard the sirens.  There were police cars followed by an ambulance.  Christen and Laylah was standing with me and the witch’s were catching up.  Katie was running as a cheetah.  Poor Sharone was running on two feet.

            I said, “Something’s very, very wrong.  That was basically our entire police force.  Let’s follow.”

            Sharone said, “Hey guys, I can’t keep up.”

            Katie shifted into a horse and said, “Get on.”

            We passed the police cars but we didn’t get lost.  My predator senses were on high alert and death was in the air.  We followed the smell of blood to a small house.

            The smell was so strong my fangs came out and I ran even faster. Someone put there hand on my shoulder and pulled me to a stop.  I whirled around and saw Laylah fangs and all.

            She said, “Mine!”

            “No!”

            She hissed at me and I growled.  Neither one of us sounded the least bit human.  We might as well been wolves fighting over a bone.

            She lunged and I dodged.  We screamed battle cries and ran head on.  We collided and what sounded like thunder echoed across the hills.  I pushed with my mind.

            I said, Down!  Down on the ground!

            She snarled and sent the same command back.  I hissed and used all my power.

            NOW!!!

            She fell to the ground with a scream but not before she bit.  I gasped but kept moving away.  I saw Christen trying to sneak towards the house.

            I ran towards him with another battle cry which made him turn around.  He snarled and lunged.  He was heavier and stronger than Laylah and knocked me down.  I tried biting him.

            He looked absolutely vicious looming over me through my red tinged vision.  His eyes were a blazing crimson and his midnight hair was falling across his face.

            He leapt away from my bite but was back on top of me before I could get away.  He bit my arm and tore.  With pain and anger and blood crazed strength, I shoved him off with a very loud, very nasty snarl.

            He looked dazed for a second but that was all I needed to be on my feet.  The smell of my blood was filling the air.  The skin from my elbow to my wrist was gone and there were two very deep grooves in my muscles where his fangs had slid down my arm.  Blood was dripping to the ground.

            While I’d been inspecting my arm Christen had charged me.  He hit me with more force than an 18-wheeler going full speed down a steep incline.  I gave a shriek of surprise and pain.  I heard several crunches.  He bit me again and tore away more flesh, leaving my bone exposed.

            I bit him but he jerked away before I got a good grip.  I got a foot free and kicked his nose with all my strength.  It gave a satisfying crunch and he went flying.  I was just getting up and limping over to him when I heard the sirens.  I stopped and looked towards the road.  There was now a news van in lead.  As they drew closer I could see they were already filming.

            I was looking between the blood filled house and the ever coming close news van, police, and ambulance.  I saw Christen doing the same.  I saw Katie come dashing across as a cheetah with Sharone standing at the edge of the woods.  She pulled on my shirt.