Ash's Blood

I went to bed shortly after Ash left.  I woke early the next morning.  I enjoyed using my vampire abilities.  I was completely ready for school in five minutes. 

            When Mom got up, I told her I was going to go to Maggie’s.  She said that was fine.

            I knocked on the door and when I saw a half ready Maggie.  I smiled at her with fangs.  That woke her up.  She said, “Don’t do that!  You almost made me scream.  Mom and Dad don’t need woke up.  They’ve been working double shift these last few days.”

            “I’m sorry.  I’ve been in my best mood since you know what.”

            “Did he freak out?”

            “Nope, unlike you...  I’m joking.  He took it very well.  Are you going to let me in or are we just going to stand here and talk about mythical creatures?”

            She let me in and I sat on the couch while I waited on her to finish getting ready.  Ten minutes later, she came running down the stairs.

            She said, “I guess I’m going to have to wake them up anyway.  I’m going to be late for school if I don’t get a ride.”

            “I can give you a ride.  Get on my back.”

            “Jade, you know I weigh too much for you.”

            “Maggie, you would weigh as much as a feather to me now.”

           “Okay, if you say so.”

           She got on my back and we made the ten mile distance in about a minute.  She got off my back with a look of shock on her face.

            I asked, “What did you think?”

            She said, “I don’t know.  I guess this is going to take longer to get used to than I thought.”

            “Isn’t it awesome though?  Do you want to watch me feed?”

            “I’m not sure.”

            “Come on.  I don’t bite.”

            “Really funny Jade.  I just can’t stop laughing.”

            “Do you think I would ever hurt you?”

            “No, I guess not.”

            “Why not?”

            “It’s just so weird.  You know, watching your best friend drink blood from someone.”

            “Not someone unless someone says I can.  I drink horse blood.  I don’t know what human blood taste like.  I bet it’s the best tasting thing in the entire universe.”

            “Are you trying to guilt me into letting you drink my blood?  I know we’re friends and all, but don’t you think that’s taking it a little too far?”

            “No!  I would never ask you that.  I do think Ash’s blood would taste better than yours.” 

            “Should I be offended?”

            “No, I just prefer the tangier, distinct taste that males have.  Or at least it’s that way with horses.  I’ve only fed once since becoming a vampire three days ago and that was only on Midnight and Ginger.”