Engaged!

Mike's pov-

I lost track of how long we’ve been here but I know what day it is.  It is March 13, our one year anniversary.  Since our birthdays are near our anniversary, we waited to celebrate our birthdays today, too.  It’s been a year and she still won’t kiss me very long.

Laylah’s P.O.V.-

Mike and Jade are out making googly eyes at each other.  Christen will be here any minute for our ‘healing sessions.’  I’ve thought about our nightly sessions.  I’ve thought about how they went from just him healing me to dating. 

            That first night was a little scary because I didn’t know what to expect.  He’d come into my room and told me how it worked.  He’d said, “The more skin contact I have with the injury the easier it is.”

            I didn’t like that.  I hardly ever wore anything but long sleeves and he wanted me to expose my shoulder.

            I said, “You’ll have to do it through the shirt.”

            When he first touched it, it felt like being touched with fire.  He’d let me grip his hand.  It was all I could do to not scream.  I think I broke it because I heard a crunch and he’d winced.

            Then it felt like cool water go through my shoulder.  After thirty minutes of him healing, the pain went away and left a numbing sensation.  He left then.  The pain came back just as strong the next morning.

            We could only do it every other night.  He took the nights off to recuperate.  Healing took a lot of energy.  After all the months that have past, the pain is still there.  It’s tolerable now.  I can stand to use it.

            Any way, I went from not trusting him to actually giving him a chance to be my boyfriend.  I’ve even let him heal my shoulder by touching bare skin.

            Something strange happened last month, my 16th birthday.  Sometime that day I’d had a sharp pain in my chest that only lasted a minute.  Then my heart started beating.  I was terrified.  I’d found Claire immediately.  I’d said, “Claire, I’m scared.”

            “Why?”

            “My heart just started beating!”

            “When did you turn sixteen?”

            “Today, what’s happening?”

            “You mean, nobody ever explained that?”

            “No, what’s happening?!”

            “Let’s sit and I’ll explain.”

            We sat down and she said, “When you turn sixteen your heart beats for about three days.  It’s like a human’s period.  It means you can have kids.  It happens every other month instead of every month.”

            “So, it’s normal?”

            “Yes, it’s nothing to be scared of.”

            “Okay, I can have kids?”

            “Yes.”

            I’d went to my room.  I wouldn’t let anyone near me. Not even Christen.  This month, I’ll act like nothing happened.  Christen will go back to healing me.  We’ve never kissed once.