I Love Mike?

I started concentrating on the things around me.  I started hearing the faintest whispers of my mom’s mind.  I concentrated harder and I could understand what she was thinking.       

            I tried communicating.  It worked and I asked, Mom, can you hear me?

            I knew she could because, with my vampire hearing I could hear her gasp.  She came up to my room and knocked on the door.  She asked, “Can I come in?”

            Why?  So you can nag me more about not trusting Mike.

            “No, I want to talk to you about something.”

            I walked to the door and unlocked it.  I said, “Come in.”

            “Thank you.”

            “Whatever.”

            “Don’t take that tone with me young lady.”

            “Yes ma’am.”

            “Did Mike teach you telepathy?”

            “No.”

            “Okay. Like I said, I don’t trust him.  I don’t want him teaching you things that your mind or body is not mature enough to handle.  By the way, since you have telepathy now, you can use it as a mind control.”

            “Really?”

            “Yes, but I don’t want you taking advantage of it.  If I find out you are, you’re going to be grounded for the rest of your life and you’re going to live a very long time.  Do you understand?”

            “Yes.”

            “Yes what?”

            “Yes ma’am.  Can I go over to Mike’s?”

            “Yes, be very, very careful.”

            “Thanks, bye.”

            “Be back by eight.”

            “’Kay.”

            I ran down stairs and out the door.  I searched for him with my mind.  Mike, are you out here?

            I’m here.

            Where are you?

            “Behind you.”

            I gasped and said, “Don’t do that!  You almost made my heart stop early.”

            He had sneaky smile on his face.  He was in front of me before I knew he had moved.  He leaned forward and bit before I could do anything.

Mike’s P.O.V.-

            I bit into her neck; the taste of blood during transformation is the best blood in the world aside from one’s La tua cantante.  I’ve tasted many on the week of transformation, but never any like this.  It must be her human side that makes it this good.

            She pushed hard enough to knock me five feet away.  I landed hard on the ground.  It didn’t hurt, of course, but I was shocked.  She was so strong for her young age.