To Know - Chapter 10 - Please come back

Hey guys!

I wanted to get another chapter up before school starts again, so here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt love. I felt hurt. I felt confused. But most of all, I felt sadness.

Sadness so great, it pierced my heart like a knife. Excruciating pain overcame my body, my heart was breaking.

I couldn't move, I couldn't feel, I couldn't register anything as I sat there on my knees in disbelief. A small part of mind hoped that we would see Gandalf fly back to us, he would stand there and smile at his own little joke. But that never happened. Will never happen.

He's gone.

Those words went through my head, but my stubborn self never registered it.  My eyes never left the spot he was just hanging on to just a few short moments ago, but it had seemed like it was ages. My heart clenched in sadness, and my whole body went numb.

I paid no mind to the dozens of arrows flying across towards us, I didn't even notice someone had pulled me to my feet and was now dragging me up the stairs. My eyes never left the spot.

I was so close. I could've saved him.

Save him.

Saved him.

I never did.

That fact had torn me apart, and it seemed I couldn't stop sobbing. I yelled out for him, thrashing against the person holding me to get to him. My mind was set on Gandalf, I have to go to him.

My eyes were soon blinded by sunlight, but I never stopped fighting to get to Gandalf. After a period of time, my body couldn't take it anymore and I broke down on the ground, sobbing. I cried for him, I cried for the closest person I had to a father figure, but he was gone. My family was gone. I was alone. After a long time, when I couldn't shed tears anymore, I just lied there not doing anything.

"Esme, we have to go. We can't stay here." I heard Legolas whisper in my ear, trying to get me to stand. He offered me a hand, but I avoided it and stood up on my own. Legolas looked over me, and his eyes settled on my shoulder before he hissed.

"What? What is it!?" I asked him. Though he paid no mind to me and shouted for Aragorn. Aragorn came over, asking Legolas 'what is it?'. When is eyes settled on me, he too hissed like Legolas did.

"Esme, how did you get that?" He asked me. Confused, I looked down at my body and I saw an arrow sticking out of my shoulder. I didn't even know it was there.

"I-I I don't know?" I answered truthfully.