To Know - Chapter 9 - Even the strongest fall

Hey guys. I've started a Hobbit Fan Fiction, please check it out!

Alright, here's Chapter 9!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esme's POV

Then the drums started, making us shake in fear. The steady beat continued as Frodo took his sword out of it's sheath. It glowed a bright blue.

They are coming.

"Mister Frodo!" Sam cried, upon seeing Frodo's sword.

"Orcs!" Legolas spat in disgust, running to barricade the door. I followed him, along with Aragorn and Boromir. Boromir begun to push the heavy door shut, and was narrowing missed by two arrows that stuck themselves where Boromir's head would've been if he hadn't ducked at the last second.

"Get back! Stay close to Gandalf !" Aragorn instructed the Hobbits, picking an axe up.

"They have a cave troll," Boromir said sarcastically.

"Oh, great! Not another one!" I exclaimed to myself, making the others stop to stare at me, before continuing what they were doing. We grabbed the heave, rusted weaponry that lay on the ground and laid it against the door.

"Argh! Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!" Gimli cried behind me, angrily. I turned to see he had leapt on top of Balin's tomb and was brandishing his axe. I jumped and turned at the sound of breaking wood, coming from the door. Pulling my bow off my back off my back, I set an arrow to the string and aimed at one of the openings. I slowly shuffled back to give some space between me and the door. I released my arrow, which sailed through the air and the hole in the door, and must've hit something followed by a wail. The Orcs hammered and pushed at the door ferociously. In the corner of eye, I could see Legolas let one of his own arrows fly, hitting his target.

"They're breaking through!" I cried, before stowing away my bow and drawing my sword. Suddenly, the doors broke and a cluster of Orcs came barreling through. Snarling and gnashing their teeth, they were here to kill.

I let out a battle cry, before I leapt into battle, dissipating an Orc with a clean swipe at it's neck. Ducking to avoid being cleaned of my own head, I swung my sword at the Orc in front of me. It collapsed to the ground, but was soon replaced by another. I swung my sword in every direction, the once silver shining metal was now a black blood covered killing machine. My sword clashed against another's, blocking it's blow at me. The creature snarled at me, before pulling away and striked at me again. I tried to dodge the sword, but not quick enough. A long gash was on my hip and blood came streaming out quickly. Although I winced, I didn't let my injury faze me and I quickly struck the ending blow at the Orc's head.

I stumbled back in shock, when I saw the Cave Troll burst through the door. It roared angrily and had taken part of the wall with it. Though before I could make my move towards it, a huge clump of Orcs surrounded me, distracting me. I did my best to dispatch the Orcs quickly, but it seemed they just kept on coming. Slowly, I made my way closer to the Cave Troll. It crashed through Balin's tomb, where Gimli was standing upon it a few seconds ago.