To Know - Chapter 6 - Darkness surrounds us

Hey here's Chapter 6!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~  ~ ~~  ~~  ~

I quickly caught up with the wizard, aware of the Company's stares.
Looking from Gandalf's tall figure,  I tried to make out my surroundings through the darkness. Behind me, I could hear Gimli boosting off to Legolas about the Mines.

Without seeing it, I stumble into something in front of me. After getting my balance back, I bob down to look closer at whatever I had stumbled upon. My eyes widened when I saw what was in front of me.

Gandalf suddenly let some light come from his staff. A luminous glow spread out on our surroundings, and behind me I could hear the others gasp. 

"This is no mine, it's a tomb," Boromir's voice bellowed as he observed the dead bodies in front of him. "We should never have come here. Get out!"

"Mr Frodo!" Sam exclaims loudly, and we all quickly turn on our spots to see Frodo on the ground with a long, dark forest green tentacle wrapped round his leg. Sam made quick work by hacking at the arm with his sword. Cutting his leg free, the remainder of the arm retreats back into the water, only to come back with many others.

They push Sam away from Frodo, intent on just the Halfling, they wrap around his frail body lifting him up above the waters surface. We all run forward, Aragorn and Boromir reach the arms first, and waste no time trying to free Frodo.

I turn my head slightly to look at Gandalf, who looked at me. He nods at me, making me fill up with courage and doubt. I turn back to look at the mayhem in front of me.

In deep concentration, I lift my hands up in front of me. In my mind, I try and wrestle the arms off of Frodo. I control the tentacles to a stop, and they suddenly lacked in their strength, giving Boromir the chance to cut the arm with Frodo.

He falls with a shout, only to land in the waiting arms of Aragorn. He and the others all rush pass me into the Mines, while I'm still trying to fight the Kraken of with my powers. The monster however suddenly grew angry at the loss of his meal, and comes thrashing from the depths of the lake.

Knowing I've lost control of the monster, I turn and bolt into the Mines completely aware of the thing behind me. Legolas shoots an arrow that flies past my head to land in the monster behind me. The Kraken behind me roars furiously, intent on catching it's prey.

I turn to look behind me. The Kraken is too big to fit in the opening, yet it still tries it's best to come in. By doing so, he breaks the entrance with it's long arms. Rocks start falling down, and I run faster to avoid being hit by one of them. Though running looking backwards wasn't one of the best ideas, and I crashed into a body.

We both came tumbling down, with the impact. And we both roll down a bit further. Grunting, I try to make a sense of what happened.

The cave finally stopped shaking. Dust filled the air, coming in my eyes and mouth. My eyes water, as I cough to get the dust away. I hear a grunt to my left, and I turn my head to look at who I had crashed into. Though that became difficult, as I couldn't make out anything in the pitch black. Though I was aware of whoever I had crashed into, had half their body on top of mine.

Behind me, the same luminous glow from Gandalf's staff broke out through the darkness. Closing my eyes at the sudden light, I shifted my body still aware of someone on top of me. Opening my eyes again, I find myself staring in Legolas's eyes.

"Sorry," I whisper to him, smiling half-heartedly.

"Don't worry about it," he smiles at me before getting himself off the ground and offered me a hand. I happily accepted the help and I stood up, dusting myself up. I quickly stretch my tense muscles before following Legolas around a bend of rocks.

"Esme!" Merry and Pippin cry when the see my come around the fallen rock. They come running towards me, both smiling happily.

"We thought you were gone, but obviously not since your right here!" Pippin exclaims enthusiastically. I chuckle before bending down to give them both a hug.

"Well, you can't get rid of me that easily." I whisper into their ears, smiling at their gleeful faces. Straightening up again, we walked to the others.

"Well, it seems everybody is safe and well," Gandalf announces. "Well, it's at least a four day journey to the other side of the Mines. And let's hope we pass through unheard."

Gandalf starts walking through a passage in the rocks. Slowly the Company follow each other one by one after the wizard, keeping an eye on the his pointy, faded blue hat. I run up to the front, to walk beside the wizard.

"That was too close, Gandalf!'' I whisper-shout at him. "I can't let them know about my secret."

Gandalf sighed and his shoulders dropped, as if he caught up with his age. "I know," with a turn of his head to stare into my eyes, he whispered.

"But something of you so important, can't be hidden forever. You shall have to open up soon, trust them. Trust me." And with that, he carried on forwards. His robes swaying at his feet, and his hat bobbing at each step he took.

And I was left on my own, to ponder on his words.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey sorry it took so long to update, but at least I updated!

Fan, Comment, and Vote Pease