To Know - Chapter 8 - They are coming

Hey! Here's Chapter 8!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esme's POV

Everything was dark.

I saw nothing, I heard nothing,

I felt nothing.

I was in a world of darkness.

It seemed there was no light.

 I felt the need to shout out, but I couldn't seem to make a sound.

I was alone, and I can't do anything.

Help me.

Legolas POV

I stood next to Gandalf, staring curiously at Esme in front of me. She was in a kneeling position on the ground, with her backs towards us. She was facing the three entrances in front of her. She had her head bowed, and was silent.

It was about an hour before she moved from the floor. She straightened up, looking at the right hand tunnel.

"It's that way." Her voice broke through the silence, soft yet clear. Before any of us saw it coming, she collapsed.

Because of my quick Elvish traits, I was quickly able to catch her limp body before she touched the ground. I sighed at how close she was, before shifting her in my arms in a more suitable hold. I turned to look at Gandalf.

"Why did she collapse like that?" I asked him, angrily.

"She's exhausted Legolas, and her body couldn't cope with her anymore. So she shut down, and it won't be a matter of hours till she wakes up." He informs us, before continuing. "We must carry on, now that we know where we must go." He turned to continue, but I interrupted before he could take a step.

"How did she do that? How did she know where we needed to go?" I questioned him. "How did she find out? And how did she find out the password to the entrance of the Mines?" I interrogated him.

Gandalf sighed before turning to look at me, a weary look on his face. He seemed troubled and looked as if he was let down.

"There are some secrets, which aren't mine to tell." He looked at me, before looking at Esme in my hands. In his eyes I saw pity and sadness, different to the usual glint he had in his eyes. He turned back around, and started leading us through the different turns of the tunnel.