Part 1 - To Know Chapter 1: The Fellowship

Strangers from distant lands, and friends of old. All gathered in a secret Council Meeting in Imladris. They all sat on seats, that stood in a circle facing a tall, stone table. They all hand no idea of what will happen, but most had an idea. All muttering stilled, when Lord Elrond suddenly stood.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race id bound to this fate, this one doom." His eyes scanned the circle, analyzing each person who sat there. His eyes stilled on Frodo.

"Bring forth the ring Frodo," He commanded.

The hobbit stood with the ring sitting in the palm of his hand. All stared with scared, curious eyes, as they watched Frodo place the ring on the stone table. Frodo could feel a great weight has been removed from his shoulders, as he set the ring down. People around the circle started whispering in all the various languages they spoke. Boromir stood, his glance never wavering from the ring.

"In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark, but in the West a pale light lingered. A voive was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's Bane is found.''' Boromir slowly steeped forward as he spoke, closer to the stone table. The ring's evil already taking a hold of him. He didn't stop has reached for the ring, quietly he murmered, "Isildur's Bane..."

"Boromir!" Elrond snapped, snapping him out of his trance. Suddenly Gandalf began to chant in a menacing voice.

"Ash Nazg Durbatuluk! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nasg Gimbatul!"

The words were harsh and malicious, and sent the poor fellow to fall back in his seat.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris." Elrond spoke, furious at Gandalf.

"I do not ask  your pardon, Master Elrond, for the black speech may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The ring is altogether evil." Gandalf responded, as peace seemed to return to the circle.

"It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use the ring?" Boromir spoke again raising to his feet. "Long has my father, the Stewart of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordorat bay. By the blood of my people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him."

"You can not wield it none of us can." Aragorn finally spoke in a sharp tone. "The one ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master.' He finished, softly.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir hissed, turning to face Aragorn.

"That is no mere ranger.' Legolas stood, staring at Boromir and opposing him. "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

"Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?" Boromir said in disbelief, sounding unimpressed.

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas continued.