To Feel - Chapter 8 - Victories in Wars

I feel horrible that I have literally taken half a year to update again, and I am sorry for all of those who were waiting for an update to come. I want to thank everyone who has read my story or voted, commented and followed. They really do mean so much to me.

And for the long wait and the support, I am going to make this chapter as long and detailed as I can get it to the point that I would like it.

So here is chapter 8! Enjoy reading!

*********************************************

It hardly seemed to Esme as she opened her eyes that she had slept at all. Her body was sore and tense with knots all over from the battles she had just fought, fatigue and heavy drowsiness still in her system. But the truth was that Esme hadn’t slept at all, instead she fell into a state to where she could safely travel between the dimensions.

Looking out further, she found that she was lying in the middle of the circular room, the glowing torches still alight with the same fires. There was no figure in the room with her, but Esme still felt that ever growing feeling of being watched. Lying an arms reach away from her was the elemental sword she had been using in the numerous battles and as Esme brushed her fingertips on it lightly, she could feel a newly growing strength becoming in her. She could feel her body lifting, but not physically and more in a strengthening way.

Esme stood on her feet now, not really noticing that she had gotten herself off the ground, her sword held proudly in her right hand and her left steady at her side. Without physically hearing a sound, Esme was told to go to Isengard and without another glance at the room behind her Esme began to run up the stairs from where she came in.

It wasn’t too long before she was outside in the sunlight again, the sun’s position telling her that barely an hour had passed since she had walked in. Thinking that it was impossible, Esme could only assume it was the next day. Unknown to Esme, only an hour had passed as she had entered the door in the rock and the battles she fought was only in another mental dimension where time is non existent.

Esme started running again, the effort it took to keep at the pace she was going was ethereal as the Elvish in her kept her pace sustainable. Esme headed North-West to where she knew Isengard would be.

Esme was clear headed as she ran this time, not as when she ran in a daze to the ‘door on the rock’, and could fully take in her surroundings as she did. She realised she was further north then she realised and already half way towards Isengard from Helm’s Deep.

The thought immediately had her thinking of her friends; Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas. Esme had no idea if Aragorn ever made it to Helm’s Deep, and if Gimli and Legolas had survived the surprise attack to where they were separated. Her thoughts also went to the rest of the members of the Fellowship that was no more. Wondering of how Frodo and Sam was faring and if they have had any troubles. And how poor Merry and Pippin were doing in Fangorn, if they were truly safe as Gandalf had said.