// eight //

Amy's pov

Amy's pov

It was cold outside, I was getting ready to walk with Harry. I decided to wear a sweater, my skinny jeans and black vans. Simple. I heard a knock on my door and, of course, it was him. I walked to the door and opened it to see him smiling.

He was wearing a similar outfit to mine. A black beanie, usual skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. I won't lie, he looked handsome. 

"Ready?" I nodded and tugged at the end of my sweater.

"Yup." We walked out of the apartment and started walking, I didn't know where we were heading. Maybe we walked without caring, just breathing the fresh air in this beautiful night.

"How are you, tonight?" He asked me. I chuckled, but I noticed that he was a bit nervous and I didn't know why, but I shrugged it off.

"This is the third time you ask me this question tonight, and for the third time I answer with 'I'm fine, thanks'." He chuckled.

We saw a park and both of our feet lead us there without thinking. "Wanna sit there?" I suggested at him and pointed at the bench. He nodded and we sat there. 

After a short silence, I broke it with a sigh. "Not to be rude, but why did you want to spend your night with me? I'm not that interesting to waste your time with." He shook his head at me.

"Of course not, you are amazing and interesting."

"Well, thank you, but that is not the answer." I chuckled again as he let out a breath.

"I don't know, I guess we are in progress of being friends?" I nodded, not really understanding what he meant, but let it go too. "And, why do you act like we have never met before?" Harry asked. 

"Huh? How?"

"You are talking about yourself like I don't know you." I shrugged my shoulders and silence was shared between us again.

I kept staring at the sky and three minutes passed without talking. Was this his idea of how friends spend time with each other? I sighed and stood up, he looked up at me with a confused look.

"Where are you going?"

"Um, heading home?" It came out as a question, I was confused about why was he asking. I didn't hate spending the night out in this beautiful night, but it was cold and we didn't do anything or even talk. We just sat there like two old people.

"Why?" 

"Because we aren't doing anything, Harry." He sighed.

"I'm just nervous. I have never been friends with you." I raised an eyebrow and sat back next to him.

"Nervous of being friends with me? How?" He shrugged his shoulders as I take a deep breath. "Harry, you brought us here for a reason. What is it? What do you want?" I calmly asked him. He looked like a lost boy and confused. Yes, we weren't together anymore, but I still knew him very well. 

"What do you feel when I'm with you, Amy?" I was taken back by his sudden question, I didn't expect him to ask it right now. 

I thought about it and I never found an answer though. But after trying to move on and think positive, I guess I don't hate him anymore. I couldn't really figure out how I felt, but I knew that I would soon.

"I really don't know, I'm a bit surprised. You came back after a long time," He chuckled. "But when I find out, I will let you know." He nodded as I half smiled.

"Wise answer."

"What about you?" I was curious to know. 

"Happiness." I smiled.

"I'm glad you are happy?"

"And, you care?" He asked surprised. I didn't answer, but he surprised me again by another question. "Do you think that... We could get back to where we were?" 

"Harry, you can't just come back out of the blue and expect me to forgive you easily. Yes, I did forgive you, but I didn't forget what you did." He looked back at me.

"I just have one question to ask." He nodded with a frown. "If you really want me back, then why did you leave at the first place?" Everytime I remembered I felt a fire inside me, I felt like I was going to lose my mind. I kept repeating that question after our break up over and over, thinking of what the hell did I do to make him leave me.

"Because..." Harry paused after being silence for a short period of time.

"Alright, then. Let's go." I said changing the subject, he didn't answer me anyway.  I stood up and waited for him. He did the same and we headed back home. Before I enter my room, he called my name. I turned around and waited for him to talk.

"Are you coming to the party with me?" He sounded hopeful and I thought about it, why not having a good time for once. I needed to give my head a break.

"Yeah, I am!" He smiled and nodded.

"Goodnight, Amy."

"Goodnight, Harry." He walked to his room that was across from mine. Before I enter my room he called my name again, but in a quiet tone.

"Yes?" 

"I'm sorry." He entered his room and I knew he really meant it. The way he said it, he looked guilty and sad. 

I entered my room feeling something that I couldn't really describe, it was a weird feeling like I started to think about forgiving him. But everytime I thought of that, my mind kept saying no and remember what he did. You used to love him and he broke your heart.

I didn't really know if he used to love me back, but I didn't want to know now. It was all past now. I knew Harry wouldn't give up though, but right now, I really wanted to know why did he leave without a reason. We were okay and I did nothing.

Curiosity took the best of me. It was my task, now. I needed to figure him out before taking any decision.