Chapter 22

Y/n's POV
"Alright! Here we are! The last ride!" Honey says.

We all get in the seats, Hiro and I in one while the other four are on a separate one, as the wheel slowly starts moving. There's a small awkward silence before we both spoke up at the same time.

"Hiro."

"Y/n"

We laughed.

"You go first." I stated.

"Ok. So why are you so excited for this? It's just a Ferris wheel but at the same time you do look like you're hiding something." He looked at me suspiciously.

I gave him a big smile. "It's because I'm going to give you your gift!"

He grinned. "Right."

I held the box in my hands but before I could give it to him,

"You promised me you won't get mad so you better not smack me or anything."

His grin faded and he shook his head furiously.

"No! No! I would never! Plus it's a gift from you so whatever I get, I'll love." 

"Even if I gave you peanuts."

His eyes widen. "Y/n! Why on earth will you get me peanuts!"

"Guys you alright?" I heard Fred yell.

"Y/n! You know Hiro is allergic to peanuts!"

"We're fine!" We both said.

One cycle had already past and there was four more until we get off.

"Ok... Here you go."

I held the wrapped gift in front of him hesitantly. Please don't freak out. He took the box and ripped the wrap. He saw the small box.

"Did you get me jewelry?" He teased.

"No knucklehead! Just open it."

He rolled his eyes and read the note, before his lips curled to a smile. He leaned in and I closed the gap, creating a small passionate kiss. I shut my eyes and enjoyed the moment. I pulled away and noticed that we were at the top.

"Beautiful view."

"Mhmm" he says but I realize that he's not looking at the city.

He's staring at me.

"HIRO!" I playfully punched him and we both laughed. "Just look under the note."

He nods and slowly takes the note off. He freezes. He just stared at my gift, not moving, not saying a single word. I got worried. Did he hate it? Was it because I didn't give it to him earlier? Shit.

"I'm so sorry, Hiro. I shouldn't have hid it from you. Now you hate me. And you're going to yell at me and...and-" and tears brimmed my eyes.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in a tight embrace.

"Y-Y/n. Don't cry. You have no idea how happy I am. This is the best birthday gift that I have ever received in my entire life." He whispered to my ear with a comforting smile.

"Y-You're not mad?" He noticed my tears and wiped them away with his thumb.

"Why would I be mad? I would've broken the promise we made. But most importantly... You gave me something that could help me bring back a friend. Bring back something that helped me throughout Tadashi's death. Besides you of course." I chuckled.

"Ok. I'm glad your happy and not yelling at me for not giving it to you sooner." He smiled.

"Hey. Remember, good things come to those who wait."