It's Halloween Dearie!

***Author's Note: this chapter actually wasn't one I had originally planned for the book. But my daughter said to me the other day, "You really should do a Halloween chapter since you did a Christmas chapter" and so this chapter was born! Hope you enjoy it!***

"Skylar, why are we here?" Ziva griped as she stared across the living room at Skylar where she stood smiling widely at all of them. 

"Well, because it's October and it'll be Halloween soon-" 

A'Cadia cut her off before she could finish her thought. "It's like the fifth, Skylar." 

"We need to plan our costumes now, so we'll be ready!" She held up a hand to forestall Ziva when she opened her mouth to speak. "I don't care what you have to say Ziva. Now, I figured since there's enough of us that we'd be The Brady Bunch! You know, I think we should go in theme!" 

"What the heck is The Brady Bunch?" Mellissa asked her while scratching at her head. "Stevie, look it up!" 

Stevie was already tapping away at his iPad. His features scrunched briefly, as he searched. "Uh, right okay then ...it's a sitcom that was on in like the seventies. About some guy with three boy and some chick with three girls, they shacked up, got hitched and um ... yeah I guess they were a family." 

Mellissa snorted. "We are so not doing that!" 

"We are it's totally perfect!" Skylar insisted. 

"I am not dressing as one of The Brady Bunch." A'Cadia crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Skylar. 

"Okay, I'll be Mrs. Brady and Death will be Mr. Brady. Ziva will be Marsha, Craig will be Greg, A'Cadia will be Jan, Stone will be Peter, Stevie will be Bobbie ..." she suddenly stopped and her brow scrunched in confusion as she counted on her fingers. 

"Just figured out there's too many of us did you Skylar?" Ziva asked her. 

Mellissa jumped up from her spot on the floor with the dogs. "Oh, oh, oh! I've got it! I know what we can dress as!" 

"It had better be a theme Mellissa!" Skylar warned. 

"It totally is! We should dress as characters from Once Upon A Time! That show is so totally awesome! I wanna be Red!" She jumped up and down while holding her arm as high in the air as she could. 

A bright smile blossomed on Skylar's face. "Oh actually I like this idea! Hold on a second and I'll be right back!" She scurried from the room. 

A'Cadia glanced at the others. "I'm worried now." 

Ziva gave her a nod. "Agreed." 

Skylar rushed back into the room with an armload of clothing. Death hopped up and took some from her, draping them over the back of one of the couches that was unoccupied. Skylar sorted through them before looking at each of them critically. "All right here Mellissa." 

Mellissa's eyes became wide as she took the Red Riding Hood costume from Skylar. "When did you make these?" 

Skylar shrugged and waved a hand around in the air. "You know in my spare time." 

"Right 'cause that's what normal people do in their spare time, sew theatrically accurate Halloween costumes based on their favorite TV shows," Ziva said sarcastically. 

Skylar ignored her as she studied the pile of costumes. "I'm going to be Snow White, so that makes Death Charming!" She set aside the costumes. 

"Ziva, you should be ... Aurora. Craig that means that you're Prince Philip!" She began digging through the costumes until she located them. After handing them over, she frowned over Angela and Stevie, looking from them to the costumes and back.