Here Come The Parents!

****Author's Note: I thought at some point everyone might want to meet a few of the kids' parents. Especially Skylar's, Melissa's, and Death's. Only, again, I never found the correct spot to fit this chapter into the actual book.****

Ziva woke to just about the worst possible sound she could possibly imagine: Skylar’s cheerful-happy-it’s-time-to-get-up voice. “If you don’t shut up, I’m going to zap you Skylar!”

“Oh come on now Ziva, you know what today is!” Skylar crooned at her in an octave that Ziva was certain would cause bluebirds to spontaneously burst into song.

“No Skylar, what is today,” she asked as she peeked out from under her pillow. “Jesus Skylar it’s still dark out!”

“Today is parents’ day! Now come on and get up already!” Skylar poked her in the arm. “I’m gonna go get A’Cadia up!”

“I don’t have any parents, so I think I’m allowed to sleep in.”

Skylar stopped in the doorway and rolled her eyes. “Yeah, but don’t you wanna meet Craig’s parents? Now get up!”

“Still dark! I’ve got like five hours before I need to get up!” she shouted after Skylar.

Skylar skipped happily down the hall, into A’Cadia’s room, picked up a stray pillow off the floor, and flung it at A’Cadia’s head. “Wakey-wakey sleepyhead! Time to rise and shine! Today is parents’ day!”

A growl issued from the vicinity of A’Cadia’s head. Though with the blankets over her head Skylar couldn’t be certain. A’Cadia rolled over and flung the covers back. “It’s still dark out Suzy Sunshine why are you waking me up?”

Skylar giggled. “Because today is parents’ day silly! We need to be ready! Now get up!”

A’Cadia lurched free of her entangling covers and made a play for Skylar with her claws, but Skylar had already slipped out of the room to go wake up Melissa and Angela. With a grumble, she staggered from the room and headed down the hall, into Stone and Craig’s room, and shoved Stone over.

“Move it Stone, make room.” She squashed herself beside him and let out a tiny sigh, before falling back to sleep. She didn’t even notice when Ziva came dragging into the room.

It was short-lived. Skylar came dancing into the room some ten minutes later.

“Oh come on guys! You need to get up! We’ve got tons to do today! A’Cadia! Ziva! You can’t just move rooms and think I’ll let you sleep longer! Everyone up or I’ll get Logan in here!” She left the room in a huff.

Ziva groaned and flipped an arm over her eyes. “She’s serious, isn’t she?”

Craig chuckled beside her as he levered his body up onto an elbow. “I think she is. And I doubt Logan would be pleased to saunter on in here and find us all cozied up.”

 “I don’t think he’d care about us. It’s those two he’d care about,” Ziva told him with a snort as she jerked a thumb in A’Cadia and Stone’s direction.

“Oh shut up and mind your own business Sparky!” A’Cadia grumbled as she scrambled from Stone’s bed. “I think I might have to kill Skylar.”

“Sounds like a good plan to me,” Ziva agreed readily.

***

“This is so exciting! I can’t wait for you to meet my parents roomie!” Skylar hugged Ziva tightly before she scampered off to fetch Death.

“Great. Are Skylar’s parents as annoying as she is?”

“Yup, pretty much carbon copies,” Craig told her with a wide grin.