Melissa Rewrites History

*****Author's Note: this is actually a chapter that my dughter thought up after the book was done and I was like, "OH man that would have been an awesome chapter!" She turned to me one night and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if they had to tutor Melissa?" And so that is this chapter. It's not that Melissa is particularly stupid, she just has her own idea of how things should be or how they are or how they happened. Also, I took particular liberty with Melissa's description of the World Wars for humorous purposes, please don't take offense**** 

“A’Cadia, Ziva, would you two come help me in the living room for a few minutes?”

Ziva and A’Cadia shot each other a look across the kitchen where they were fetching a tray full of snacks so they could go hide in Craig and Stone’s room. Since the two were off helping Death at one of his concerts, they were going to go play video games in the boy’s room all night.

Ziva gave Storm a wary look as she placed the bowl full of cheese she’d just sliced on the tray. “Uh, what do you need help with?”

“I just need you to move a few things around. It will only take a few minutes. Come along.” She turned and left the kitchen.

A’Cadia groaned, picked up the snack tray, and followed Storm. “We might as well get this over with. Let’s go.”

Ziva grumbled and followed after her. Storm stood just inside the door waiting on them with a wide smile that appeared completely fake to them both. She motioned them into the room. A’Cadia set the tray down on the coffee table. Ziva was about to ask her what was going on, when Logan entered the room, trailed by Skylar, Melissa, Angela, and Stevie.

“There, I found them Storm, what’s going on?” Logan asked her.

Storm sent them all a bright, fake smile as she backed slowly from the room. “Melissa is failing history. In the manila envelope on the coffee table are all of the worksheets that she’s neglected to complete for the year. Your job is to tutor her. As soon as she correctly completes those worksheets, you’ll be free to go!” As soon as she finished speaking, she stepped back and pulled the double pocket doors shut, locking them.

Ziva rushed forward and pounded on the doors. “Storm! Storm this isn’t fair! Let us out!”

“It’s quite fair, Ziva. You owe me for all of your less than exemplarily behavior so far this year. Now, get to work,” Storm called back through the doors before walking off.

Ziva pounded a fist against the door before turning and leaning her back against the door, sliding slowly to the carpet. “This sucks!”

Skylar gave them all a bright smile. “Well, we should just buckle down and get through this! I mean, the sooner we finish the worksheets the sooner we get out. Right?” She picked up the pile of worksheets with a smile and settled back on one of the couches.

Melissa flopped down on the floor flat on her back, arms spread wide, staring up at the ceiling. “I don’ wanna do class work! I hate school!”

A’Cadia rolled her eyes. “Well that much is obvious by your grades!”

“Everyone stop it! Let’s get to work!” Skylar eyed Melissa. “Where’s your history book?”

“Ummm, hold on I’ve got it right here.” Lincoln nosed it toward her and she held it up.

Skylar stared at the decimated book. All that was left was the cover, all the pages in between were missing. “Melissa, where is the rest of the book?”

Melissa held the book by the front and back covers and stared at it for a moment before looking back at Skylar. “You see … I needed the fiber content provided by the paper to make the spaghetti sauce and gelatin globs stick together or they wouldn’t adhere to the ceiling.”