Cupid Strikes

****So this chapter would take place sometime in the new book, because Stevie would be 13 and Mellissa would be 10 and Annabelle would now be there. This chapter arose because of one of the gifts Skylar gave Death, my daughter came up with the whole name a star after him thing and then Mellissa's little outburst. We also wanted Mellissa to go wake Logan up at some point in time and her to do the snowman song, so I added that to the beginning of the chapter.****

“Mellissa, can you please go get Logan so we can start this meeting?”

Mellissa scooted off the couch and headed for the door to go get Logan at Storm’s direction. “Sure Storm, I’ll be right back!”

She hurried down the hallway, across the foyer and raced up the stairs. Once she’d made it to the door of Logan’s room she raised her hand to knock and froze with her hand poised in front of the door, suddenly struck by inspiration, a giant grin lit up her face. She rapped lightly on the door and spoke as soon as she’d finished knocking.

“Logan? Do you want to build a snowman?”

His voice sounded from inside the room at her question. “Hell no! Go away Mellissa! What the Hell, it isn’t even snowing outside!”

She ignored him as if he hadn’t spoken. “Come on, let’s go and play!”

“NO! Are you even listening to me?”

She kept right on singing. “I never see you anymore! Come out the door!”

“You saw me last night at dinner! Go away or you bet your little butt I’ll come out there all right!”

“It’s like you’ve gone away!”

“I haven’t gone anywhere you little twit! I’m talking to you through the flipping door!” he bellowed at her.

Still she sang, really getting into it now. “We used to be best buddies and now we’re not. I wish you’d tell me why!”

“We were never best buddies! You’re annoying, short, annoying, you leave whip cream cans everywhere, you’re annoying, and you steal the TV remote every five minutes. Oh and did I mention YOU’RE ANNOYING! Now go away!”

“You said annoying more than once Logan. But anyway … Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman …”

“GO AWAY MELLISSA!” he screamed through the door at her.

She sighed and her shoulders slumped. “Okay bye …”

“Thank God!” Logan muttered.

Mellissa shrugged as she skipped back down the hallway and headed for Storm’s office. Oh well, she’d tried! Storm couldn’t blame her for Logan not being at the meeting. She hummed the rest of the song as she ran back to the office and through the door. “He won’t come out of his room, I really tried! Honest!” She climbed back into her spot on the couch next to Stevie, grinning widely at Storm as she did.

“Well, I’ll just have to speak to him later then. So, let’s just get to it then. I wanted to let you all know that I’m giving you this week off for Valentine’s Day. This way you can make some plans to go visit your families or you know …” she trailed off awkwardly waving a hand in the air.

A’Cadia raised her brows wiggling them at Storm. “Go on some hot dates?”

Storm actually blushed. “Yes, I suppose so. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, all of you out of my office.”

Everyone started getting up and leaving the office, glad the meeting was over and no one was in trouble, the usual reason they were called to Storm’s office.