Tony Gets A Little Competition (part 2 Avengers Crossover)

"Tony, Tony where on Earth did that come from?"

"Where did what come from?"  Tony asked distractedly from where he sat at his desk, not even looking up at Leslie where she stood at the window.

"Are you blind? The building across the street! The one that is a giant freakin' mirror image of ours!"

Tony jumped up from his chair and rushed over to the window. "Who in the hell is Smark?"

Leslie gave him a disgusted look. "God you are an idiot aren't you?"

"I am not!" he protested. "Do you know who it is?"

"Yes, you moron. It's that little kid from the mutant school, the one you kept insulting."

Tony scratched at his head. "Which kid?"

Leslie slapped a hand to her forehead. "The one you wouldn't let help you with the computers you idiot!"

"Oh right him. He can't do that. Wait can he? He stole our building! Right down to the lettering on top! All he did was change the T in Stark to an M! I'm going over there and give that little brat a piece of my mind!"

"Sure you can afford to do that?"

"Do what?" he asked in confusion.

"Give him a piece of your mind. I mean if you hand over a piece to him it might put you below the legal limit needed to be a functioning human being."

"You are not helping Leslie. Are you coming with me or not?"

"Sure, I need some entertainment."

Tony stalked determinedly out of the office to the elevators. Through the lobby, out the door, to the corner, where he waited for the crosswalk signal. Then he stomped across the street, Leslie trailing sedately behind him, he entered the lobby and demanded to see Mr. Smark.

"Oh Mr. Smark has been expecting you Mr. Stark! Go right up! Take the elevator up to the top floor and see the receptionist, Skylar."

Tony thanked her and went up. He was greeted by a super perky girl sitting at the reception desk. "Good morning Mr. Stark! I'll take you right in to see Mr. Smark!" She led him into a large office identical to his own, which he found odd.

Sitting behind the desk was the little kid he recognized from the school. Only instead of jeans and a T-shirt, now the kid now wore a suit and grinned at him as if he'd somehow beaten him. 

"Right kid what's the meaning of all this?"

"Have a seat Mr. Stark," the kid told him calmly.

"I don't want a seat I want to know what in the hell is going on!"

The kid held out a glossy folder with a black logo on the front. "Here's our introductory packet. Go ahead and read it when you get a chance. It will tell you everything you need to know about Smark Industries."

Leslie took the folder with a frown. "You copied our logo exactly. This is the Stark Industries logo! The only thing you did was make it black and change Stark to Smark!"

Stevie gave her an indulgent smile. "Perhaps, perhaps not. That would be your word against mine now wouldn't it? Now maybe Mr. Stark you should have listened to me when I said I could help you, because you see now Smark Industries is going to take down Stark Industries."

"You can't do this!" Tony screamed.

"Don't make me call security Mr. Stark," he said with a smile.

"Security? You can afford to do all of this? Where did you get the money to even build this building so quickly, how did you do this?"

"I have certain ... connections."