Chapter Thirteen- More Boy Trouble? Great

                “This is where the magic happens,” Dexter said, and for a moment, I almost wanted to squeal. I was never really a hopeless romantic, but seeing him all caring and “all Dexter” on Sherri resulted to the weird change in my personality and my stand against less-than-twenty-four-hour-infatuation, therefore resulting to a possible change in my whole identity. But they just looked so cute.

                Sherri was seated in front of a computer, we both were, but unlike her, I didn’t have somebody behind me whose chin was almost resting on my shoulder and was sending chills down my spine. I didn’t have clammy fingers and sweaty palms and I wasn’t giggling nervously at an attempt for casualty. They were, and though I think that Dexter is barely registering the fact that he could actually see her cleavage if he looked the right way, he just seemed pretty dang happy being able to talk to her in the first place, and having her so close.

                It was really cute how he was so much better than the rest of what society calls as high school guys. He was just different.

                Great. Now my best friend would soon be running off with his Prince Charming-In-His-Own-Way, hands most likely held as they start for the setting sun on the endless horizon ahead of them. And they’ll be happy. And Sherri would leave me, forget I exist, and I’d end up calling her name in the crowd ten years later, and all she’d do is cock her head to the side to rack her brain as to know whether or not she knew me from grade, middle, high school, or college. Or if I was just some random stalker stalking her awesomeness.

                Okay, so maybe that was bit (okay, fine, a lot) exaggerated and slightly (ugh, fine, overly) paranoid. But still. It could happen.

                “So, how are you holding up with all this?” somebody asked behind me, making me jump up in surprise.

                I guess I was a little too dazed watching my best friends pre-happily ever after unfold that I didn’t even notice that Blake was there.

                “Umm, uhh, Blake,” I said, catching my breath. I tried to smooth out my hair because all I could of was the fact that I did not even brush my hair because of my (or lack of) school spirit and all.

                “H-hi,” he said.

                It was funny, really, how he ended up here, in the Computer Club’s booth while his friends, possibly including my brother, were together eating like pigs, another reference to my brother.

                “Um, hi,” I said. “What—what are you doing here?”

                He shrugged, placing his hands in his pockets. “I kind of heard that you were, you know, heading here. And I thought I’d check it out.”

                Check it out or check me out? I wanted to ask him, but I didn’t. Maybe that seemed a little desperate. But really, how could a guy not be specific?

                “Well, here you are. Here.” I stood up and offered him my computer.

                “No, no,” he said. “Umm, I meant, you know, I wanted to talk to you.”

                I looked at the computer. Even though it was so awesome and all, nothing could have been more awesome than being with Blake. Especially when I looked at my best friend who had Dexter with her.