Chapter Nine:

The Other Side

CHAPTER NINE:

I realized I was spending too much time thinking on what to say, Cam was already looking at me with a risen eyebrow as if to say, ‘speak or fuck off’ and the way this girl was looking was starting to help me decide on the latter. But as always my charm works. “I’m sorry, am I interrupting? Means it ain’t important.” I sneered making Gabe’s black eyes squint before opening his mouth to snap back. “I need to talk to you Cam, real quick. There’s a problem.” That was the first thing I thought off and there might have been a possibility that this girl realized I was lying. None the less she got up rolling her eyes telling Gabe she’ll be back. No, no she won’t.

“What?” Cam hissed pulling her skirt lower as if that was going to do much, this school uniform was designed for strippers. I just shrugged making her give me a really fierce look of death. She was about to walk off when I grabbed her wrist.

“Wait, wait.” I shook my head. “I can’t tell you here.” If there was any way that I was winning this bet it was by getting rid of Gabe. She gave me a crazy look. I had to check to make sure I didn’t suddenly turn green with pink hair. “Come on.” I tugged on her wrist lightly only making her see that I need her to follow me, she moved the rest of the way contemplating on agreeing with me. My first and foremost idea was to just pull her outside and start rambling shit to get her to fall into my web. But Gabe could just leave the café and disturb us so that was a no. Then I was thinking of taking her to the pitch behind the school, but she might think I want to kill her. So I done the only other thing I could think off. I pulled her into the closest on the left by homeroom 6 and B2. She looked confused for a second before I just tugged out a key (making sure no one could see me) and opened the door. I stepped in and almost unthinkingly she followed me opening up to my den. Cam rose her eyebrow as I closed the door back into place locking it with the inside lock.

The den was dark with only a fair light shining. It was basically a mini classroom but made to my liking. It wasn’t big triple the size of a normal closet maybe with a lot of cool things. Huge speakers stood at the side with a small TV placed on the mantel a game box linked and a sofa at the far end. I clapped my hands snapping Cam from looking around before I hit the wall making the light turn on only to reveal how it really looked with beer bottles everywhere a couple of open condom wrappers, some closed and an empty pizza box on the low coffee table.

“Er, I haven’t really had time to clean up.” I said scratching the back of my head thinking one thing: Jack was busy last night. I grabbed the empty trash can (surprisingly) and started grabbing all the junk throwing it into the metal bin making a loud noise.

“How…how did you get this place?” Cam gasped making me stop picking up…a used condom! What the fuck Jack!

“Er…got good contacts with some people in this school.” That or the owner is my Godfather not that that part is really that important to be fair. Cam rolled her eyes somehow not believing in anything I say. Ergh, this really was going to be a fucking nightmare.

“OK…” She drowned clasping her hands as I picked up the last of the trash waiting for her to sit, but she didn’t she just carried on standing. “Are you going to tell me what the real reason is to bring me because if you think you getting anything sexual out of me, you are so wrong.”

I think I just went a little hard at that thought, “If you get to know me you’ll realize I’m not someone who is looking for release 24/7.” My arms automatically folded themselves blocking more words from me. Cam only shrugged walking a step to me moving her hips all too much. “What do you want Dylan? Gabe is waiting for me.”

“Was he about to ask you out?” I asked suddenly needing to buy myself more time not to fuck all of this up like a total idiot.

The girl in front of me was the one to fold her arms now squishing her chest down. “I don’t know, you never allowed me to find out.” Her snap was harsh but I didn’t even wink when she flicked her hair back. “Just state business and let me go back to life.”