Episode 35: The France Trip: Paris

Episode 34: The France Trip: Paris

          17th July 2010, there she was, as if she was waiting for me.

          I’ve always hated bus rides. They were too long for my liking. The seats were uncomfortably and it was too compact. Though we hired a coach, the same feeling of bus rides was ever present. I sat next to Corey, near the front of the coach and just sat there thinking. Angelina had officially destroyed me. It was eating every part of my insides and it showed inevitably. I had nostalgia for her. It was annoying and it was a huge burden to carry. We were making our way to Paris and I tried to distract myself. I looked towards my left and Jasmine, Jennifer’s friend was looking outside her window, half asleep. I stood up and sat next to her.

Jasmine was fairly good looking. She was mixed-race (half British, half Tanzanian). She had really curly brown hair and was a bit curvaceous. She seemed interesting. She had a short stubby nose and spots all over her. As I said, quite interesting.

‘Hey what’s up?’ I asked her as I made myself comfortable and she smilled so much that her gums showed.

‘Hey. Nothing!’ she replied. ‘Howcomes you moved away from Corey to sit with me?’

‘Well, I wanted to get to know you better and I took advantage of the opportunity.’

‘That’s sweet. So what do you wanna know about me?’

‘Well… how’d you meet Jennifer?’

‘I’ve been friends with her since kindergarten!’ she exclaimed. It made sense, they were two peas in a pod. Our conversation went on and on and it was starting to get boring. I was exhausted and we seemed no closer to Paris.

‘I’m just gonna take a small nap, alright?’ I said and she nodded. I closed my hands and as usual as my consciousness flowed away I had a dream.

          I felt happy so I knew it couldn’t be a nightmare since my nightmares always have the feeling of suspense. It was Paris, I just knew it and I could see the Eiffel Tower with its neck raised into the sky. It was a magnificent display and I admired how the Eiffel Tower stood there looking brave and tall, looking down on us and the whole of Paris. The Eiffel Tower looked better than I thought it would and it was quite amazing to be in the scenery with the backdrop of the Eiffel Tower while you take several pictures. Suddenly, I was warped to the top of the Eiffel Tower but I was no longer in my body but I was watching myself gaze at the horizon. I seemed sad and it was as if I was sobbing. The whole dream turned to black and white. Then, this girl wearing a horizontally striped shirt approached the day-dreaming me.

‘Excuse me.’ She said in the sweetest voice ever. I was entranced. It was too sweet to bare. My avatar was sort of slow to respond but he got their in time. She was a bit taller than me and she had long black hair and she was mixed-race. I wondered why mixed-race females appealed more to me. Maybe it was because they were unique. The girl was beautiful in my opinion and the expression on my face showed it.

‘Do you speak English?’ she asked slowly as if to give me time to comprehend what she had just said.

‘Yeah. Yeah I do.’ I replied with a slight hint of me trying too much to sound cool.

‘Oh. Good. Would you mind if we talked a bit? I haven’t been able to talk to anyone here. It seems no one here knows English.’

I looked at her in amazement. I knew how this small movie played out but my heart still pumped faster just hearing her voice. It was too sweet to be true. She was too curvaceous that it was just mouth watering. Angelina couldn’t compare to this girl. But as thoughts of Angelina invaded my mind, the dream slipped through the tiny gaps in between my fingers. I was slowly regaining consciousness.