Episode 7: Choices

EPISODE 7: Choices

    February 3rd 2009, All the bad choices

    All choices have consequences. You make a bad choice and a chain reaction of bad things happen. Same thing goes for good choices. As I remember, February 3rd was when I made a milestone of bad choices! It all started with a good choice, I don’t know how it all turned out bad. I was sent out of the class for trying to sneak a kiss with Angie in the middle of the class but Angie wasn’t sent out because Mr. James liked her. I was in the library reading a book on American history and as usual, I dozed off…

“I hate you!” the voice was soft; the image around me was blurry. There were two people in front of me. I was getting pissed of; it was Angelina and Mustafa… again. They were a bit older. I followed them when I realized that they could not see me. We were in some house, the walls were high up and the house was expensively furnished, I recognized the house somewhere.

“Listen, Angie, Ahmar was all over me! I swear!” Mustafa replied.

“I know you were kissing her back, why are you lying to me?” she was breaking up into short sobs.

“Angie listen! I swear I wasn’t kissing her back. She was all over me! Why won’t you believe me?”

“I know what I saw! I don’t need you to continue lying to me! I suspected that you’d start liking her. For gods sakes she’s been obsessing over you for ages now!”

“Angelina, how can you not believe me? Should I prove that I love you?”

“Go on then. Prove it!”

“You’re the only person outside my family who really knows me for who I am! I’ve told you literally told you everything about my life!”

“Like what?” she quickly retorted.

Mustafa’s figure transformed to a more bigger, lighter skinned body.

“I told you about my vitamin deficiency problems! I’ve told you about my type one juvenile diabetes! For gods sakes I’ve let you give me an insulin injection!”

Angie was turning red. I knew she was blushing.

“Yeah, you’re right. Sorry Lee!”

‘Lee!’ I thought to myself. I can’t believe I never realized, my fear was that I would lose Angie to Mustafa all this time, the image of Mustafa wasn’t really him, It was who I wanted to be, someone I thought Angelina liked more than me. I was the one who kissed Ahmar, or as I was saying, Ahmar kissed me. Angie kissed me and everything was good again and I felt a warm feeling in my heart…

“Oi!” shouted a girl in front of me. I lifted my head up and realized that it wasn’t a girl but only Corey. Damn his voice was girly!

“Yeah, what?” I snapped at him.

“What d’yu get sent here for?”

“Coz I tried to kiss Angie in the middle of class,”

“I know I’m not smart but that’s a dumb thing to do!”

“Yeah you’re right… You are dumb!”

“Eff you! Oi you got a ps3”

“Yeah… how bout you?”

“Yeah, that’s why I asked you!”

“Even when you sound smart you’re still thick!”

“And you’re still fat Lee!”