Episode 12: The Hook Up

• Dedicated to Wiz Amhar Khalifa

EPISODE 12: The Hook Up

    Ahmar was deeply hurt and I knew it would take a huge effort to get her to forgive me. Angelina and I tried continuously but Ahmar wouldn’t budge, she was extremely pissed. She never hanged with Mustafa anymore but it just wasn’t the same talking to Mustafa knowing that Ahmar was somewhere feeling sad. Angelina and I devised a plan to get Ahmar a tad bit happy. We would try to hook her and Mustafa and hope for the best. The plan seemed perfect but for one problem, Mustafa would be hard to convince. He wasn’t the type who dated much, especially not girls in our class. So we set ourselves a big task, a task that could seem impossible to the likes of Darwin. So we devised our task into three simple looking steps:

Step 1: Bragging

    The first step seemed easy, we just had to talk about them to the other person trying to make the other person consider dating the other, sounds simple enough right? Well it sort of seemed simple to begin with, but the hard part was making sure none of them realized what we were doing, otherwise it would just ruin everything and we’d probably lose two great friends. We started working straight away and on March the twenty third we set off to work.

    I saw Mustafa sitting at the far back of the class so I approached him and sat down next to him trying to pull a blank look on my face.

“What’s up?” he asked me.

“Nothing, how ‘bout you?”

“Nothing.”

We sat in an awkward silence for a bit longer until I pretended to notice Ahmar.

“Oi, you notice Ahmar is a bit of a looker right?” I asked, trying to sound like I just realized it. He put an awkward look on his face and squinted in Ahmar’s direction.

“Yeah, I s’pose” he replied and went back into staring into space. I carried on pretending that I was daydreaming.

“She’s sort of a fit, innit?”

He looked at Ahmar for a bit longer before retiring into his chair and after a moment’s silence he said “Yeah, sort of, what you tryna say? Don’t you have a girlfriend?” he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“Yeah… but I mean it’s not like I’m gonna lie if a girl’s fit or not!”

“Yeah but, you just don’t say shit like that, do you? What you tryna say Lee?”

“Nothing much mate, trust me,”

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” He said, in a mumble like manner. It was back to an awkward silence and that’s pretty much how the conversation but Angelina had better luck breaking down Ahmar.

“What did Ahmar say?” I asked her at break when I came up to her with a frown on my face and a smile on hers.

“She said that she likes him!” Angelina said. I was quite surprised.

“Really? Honestly, Ahmar likes Mussy?” I asked. I was confused, I never thought she would break down so easily; maybe it was because her and Angie were close…maybe.

“Yeah. How ‘bout Mussy?” she asked and I fell into shame for not being able to get at least a positive comment from Mustafa.

“Nah, he said she’s fit but he didn’t really say much. But he did get suspicious,”

“Haha. Maybe I’m just better at breaking down peoples real feelings than… haha, you!”

“Shut up, you don’t know how hard it is to break down Mussy, he’s like a rock!”

She chuckled a bit before replying.

“Should we move on to step two then?”

“Yeah. I think we should!”