Episode 27: Through Angie's Eyes

EPISODE 27: Through Angie’s Eyes

   I was shocked. Levi had never spoken to me like that before. I felt a huge hole being dug in my stomach and I could feel my brain bursting into flames. My mouth was wide open but I couldn’t get it to close no matter how hard I tried. I looked over to where he was walking but he was too busy talking to Muksin and Corey to even give me a short gaze. I realized that I put myself in a bad position. ‘It’s just a small crush!’ My mind said but deep down in my heart, I knew it was completely wrong. I stood up and pushed my chair away to the side and walked towards where Jennifer and Rosemary were sitting. They quickly noticed the horror on my face

‘Is there something wrong?’ Jennifer quickly asked. I hesitated to answer her but I knew that she would keep pestering me.

‘Err… Yeah. Sort of. It’s just a slight bump in Me and Levi’s relationship.’

‘What did he do?’ Rosemary asked me. For some reason, Rosemary wasn’t quite fond of Levi. She thought that he was childish ad just plain mean. But she didn’t see what I saw. He was unexplainable. When he acts all mean, he can be very mean but when he decides to be nice… It’s unexplainable. There was always something pulling me towards Levi. I didn’t know what it was. Maybe it was his natural charisma and attitude or maybe it was because he was simple. But whatever it was, I couldn’t deny that I was irreversibly in love with Levi Harris and he was in love with me too.

‘Err… Angie… You could answer my question you know?’

‘Huh?’ I quickly snapped out of my momentary lapse.

‘Oh. Nah. It wasn’t his fault. It was mine. I sort of have this crush on Mustafa…’ Jennifer was quick to interrupt me.

‘What? You have a crush on Mustafa! Really? Oh my gosh. This is like crazy. How can you like have a crush on your boyfriend’s best friend?’

The one thing about Jennifer that you just have to get used to is that she includes the word ‘like’ to join almost all of her sentences.

‘It’s only a little crush. It’s just cos he’s… I don’t know… Really nice. And it’s not that bad is it?’

Jennifer shrugged her shoulders. ‘Maybe it is bad,’ I thought to myself.

‘Is it that bad Rosey?’ I asked, hoping that she’d be on my side.

‘Err… It sort of is. But he sort of deserves it,’ she replied.

‘No he doesn’t!’ I retorted. I guess that all the pain I felt in my heart made me shout that out. He didn’t deserve what I was doing to him. No-one that nice ever deserves something like that. I did something really bad. And I had to face the consequences. I guess at that moment, I instantly stopped having a crush on Mustafa. I just felt that as his girlfriend, I shouldn’t have a crush on another guy let alone his friend. It’s not like Levi didn’t have all I needed in a guy. At that moment I turned to look at Levi and he was looking at me. Our eyes met and we were Instantly in sync. I mouthed the words ‘I’m sorry’. He smilled and gave me a thumbs up. I felt a warm feeling from my throat to my stomach. The feeling you get when you drink honey tea. Then I saw him mouth the words ‘I love you’. I felt overjoyed. The warm sensation I felt was deep love. Deep love for Levi. A love I knew I would never get out of. And then came the sound of the school bell that signaled the start of the lunch break. I slowly stood up waiting for Levi to come. He approached slowly with his hands in his pockets and his head bowed, looking at the foor.

‘Hi,’ he said. I smilled instantly and looked straight at him.

‘Hey.’ I replied. My smile was growing wider and wider. I couldn’t stop my smile from growing. It was impossible. I tried biting my lips but my smile just spread from the corner of my mouth.

‘Let’s go outside then.’ He said. I nodded and left with him. As we were walking away I felt a small tickle by my waist and I could tell that he was trying to hold my hand. I grasped his hand firmly. I didn’t ever want to let go.

‘You know… I wonder why we have problems, we should be better than this.’ He said.

‘I know. I wonder too. I just want to be done with all the crap. I don’t know what I’m going to do in the future but as long as it’s with you… I don’t know what’s better.’ I replied.

‘Let’s just try to be the best we can. Be the best couple we can and whatever happens, well we’ll know that we done all we could.’

I nodded to what he said. From then on I tried my best. I never wanted to hurt Levi ever again.

   After school we went to my house and just relaxed. He held my hand as I gently… fell… asleep.

   Angelina was asleep and I decided to look around her room. She had a desk where a laptop laid. Her room was sort of big to be honest. It felt sort of chilly in her room. What I had just read in her diary was shocking. I never knew I got her feeling that way. I was gob smacked. I went back to her bed where she was laying. I toyed around with her brown hair as she was dead asleep. At that moment, I felt this close bond with her that was deeper than the deepest ocean on Earth. I still wondered why we had so many bumps. But I guess nothing is perfect.