Episode 45: Angelina's Birthday 2

Episode 45: Angelina’s Birthday 2

          Angelina always had a very cheerful party on her birthday. Her parents didn’t live in the city so she had the habit of inviting all of her friends and extras to her house to enjoy a nice day. The people weren’t random and there were just enough people there to make the room feel cozy. I never used to give her anything special on her birthdays and even though my instinct told me not to, I still got her a very special present that year.

          Tuesday 15th March 2011, chasing down mistakes.

          I woke up and quickly felt for the box that had Angelina’s present. I was worried that I would lose it or that it was all part of a dream that seemed to real. I opened up the box to have one more look. I squinted in the darkness of the early morning but could still manage to make out the silhouette of a beautiful present. I quickly checked my phone and saw that I had a message waiting for me from Angelina.

‘So, you’re sure you’re not going to school today for me?’ the message read. I smiled wide at this.

‘Definitely. I want to spend some time with you today. You don’t mind do you?’ I replied. It seemed as if only half a second had passed until my phone vibrated again.

‘That’s really sweet. See you then :P’ she concluded. I wondered what her reaction to the present would be. I wondered whether she would be excited and not take it for anything else. I kept that thought ringing in my head for a while. It brought an air of nervousness everywhere I went, disturbing the peace my mind was trying to settle in. As a normal teenager would, I rehearsed in my head the way the day would go, trying to plan every detail. I learned though, you cannot rehearse someone else’s lines. The unpredictable nature of everyone I knew was certainly limiting the chances of my day going as planned. I decided to start my day and hoped that the hours would fly by.

          After a painfully ordinary morning, I went to meet up with Erika at her house; her new house. I knew that her mother was a very open person at the idea of me dating her daughter and always treated me as a member of the family. As the gateman opened the gate for me I gave a fake smile just to seem friendly. Ahead of me was a cobbled path that led to two large pillars that stretched high, three floors actually, to the head of the house. The garden was mirrored on both sides. Hedges grew on either side stretching far in parallel to the wall at the back of the area. The white gleaming house was large and felt as if it had belonged to a president. I walked down the path and from a window to my left I saw her mother peering at me. The sun was bright and hot, a little more west than it was east and I struggled to withhold the urge to sprint down the path into shade. As I reached for the door handle, the door flung open to show an amazingly beautiful girl. My heart was beating faster as if I hadn’t seen her in years.

‘Lee! Finally! You took your time.’ Erika screamed. I was still in awe at her appearance. Her curvy body that was almost vase like was covered by a huge white baggy shirt that made me quite worried as to who gave her that shirt. It was so baggy that I couldn’t tell whether or not she was wearing anything underneath.

‘Staring at my legs? I’m yours, why are you being a perve?’ she joked. Her smile was warm and comforting.

‘Sorry.’ I said. My voice was dry and it came out it a squeak. I was sure that if my skin had been a few shades lighter, my ears would be scarlet. She chuckled though as she never seemed surprised at anything I did.

‘Well come in then’ she bellowed in a sort of game show host-esque voice.

‘So, what did you get for Angie?’ she immediately said as she guided me through the entrance upstairs.